Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 11-30-2011, 09:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rde2Rok
Thats a Rubicrawler not an Atlas TC.
my bad.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What he said
Old 12-01-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4DARCKS
Installing some new parts on the Jeep this Friday. Can't wait! Let's just say I'm preparing to stuff 40's under my rig and it's not Dana 60's yet.
Careful on the rear axles (bending, not breaking) Dynatrac is investigating why people are bending them so much (stockers and aftermarket). He also said they are not only finding the flange bending they are finding that the middle of the shaft is gettin a bend in it which will make it look like a flange is bent but its the axle shaft itself that is gettin the bend in it. I have been in discussion with them on this and other issues. He is attributing the rear axle shaft bendin to the weight of the JK along with shaft metalogy.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:03 AM
JK Freak

Which I would go that route instead of a atlas (since we have Rubicon's with 4:1),,,,,,, But if it's free, then,,,,,,,
Old 12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_engel

The one I saw today was incredibly clean. I want one so badly.
I hear ya. I've wanted one ever since I was a kid. I love my JK tho, more mods for it. Lol
Old 12-01-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mods have begun, km2's are on, now waiting on bumper and rails to arrive.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Now it looks like a Jeep.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-989664851.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	244076

Name:	image-3018782477.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	244077
Old 12-01-2011, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jknockers
Careful on the rear axles (bending, not breaking) Dynatrac is investigating why people are bending them so much (stockers and aftermarket). He also said they are not only finding the flange bending they are finding that the middle of the shaft is gettin a bend in it which will make it look like a flange is bent but its the axle shaft itself that is gettin the bend in it. I have been in discussion with them on this and other issues. He is attributing the rear axle shaft bendin to the weight of the JK along with shaft metalogy.
What are they investigating? Its obvious why people are bending flanges: Heavy tire and wheel combos with any semi-float axle is gonna result in bending or even broken shafts. Hell, people are even bending them on their d60s (myself included on my Currie RJ 60). The simple answer is full float. I guarantee if any of you guys with larger tire setups get in a situation where one rear tire is in the air putting the load on the other, then you will bend and possibly even break something.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK on 44s
What are they investigating? Its obvious why people are bending flanges: Heavy tire and wheel combos with any semi-float axle is gonna result in bending or even broken shafts. Hell, people are even bending them on their d60s (myself included on my Currie RJ 60). The simple answer is full float. I guarantee if any of you guys with larger tire setups get in a situation where one rear tire is in the air putting the load on the other, then you will bend and possibly even break something.
I agree with you 100% and so does Dynatrac, they are doin a fact finding thing for themselves (wanted my chromo Ten Factory shaft and spacer I bent) Here is where I bent my shaft, shaft lugs and spacer lugs. They were all twisted in a weird spiral way.

I know it does not look like much, but when I came out I went like you describe (almost all load went on left rear tire)

Name:	11-19-11-01.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	244079
Old 12-01-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

You guys are making me feel like im in the kiddie pool. I am probably going to pass on the atlas. It is only a two speed there isn't much gear advantage. I figure for what I gain its not worth dealing with the noise and terrible shifting that comes with the atlas.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!