Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 11-30-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrive anyday. Where is m & g this month?
Old 11-30-2011, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Damn, I'm gonna miss this meet and greet, for the company christmas party at Dave n Busters Sorry ya'll!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK on 44s
Ouch. Lemme see what I have....
Sounds great

On another note does anyone here know much about the atlas transfer case? I just happened to buy an 08 rubicon for work that has one in it. im not sure if it is a 2 speed or a 4 speed, its a twin stick is all I know for sure, I should have it here on friday so I can check it out but im not sure what to look for. is there a way to tell what gear ratios it was built with? im assuming i will be able to tell if it is a 2spd or 4spd by the shift pattern Im pretty sure its gonna come out and have a new home in mine.... any input will help.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Back way to CK this Saturday Dec 3rd
Meet at 23107 n 21st Street Phoenix at 8am
Or, at staging area Hwy 74 and Castle Hot Springs Rd at 9:30am
Lunch at Crown King Saloon around 1pm
Old 11-30-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Grant, was that your willy's that I ran into on Priest in Tempe today?
Old 11-30-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_engel
Hey Grant, was that your willy's that I ran into on Priest in Tempe today?
No, that's just a jeep out by a friends place, had to take a pic, looks better than mine, but not for long.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:26 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by GrantSt JK
No, that's just a jeep out by a friends place, had to take a pic, looks better than mine, but not for long.
The one I saw today was incredibly clean. I want one so badly.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
Sounds great

On another note does anyone here know much about the atlas transfer case? I just happened to buy an 08 rubicon for work that has one in it. im not sure if it is a 2 speed or a 4 speed, its a twin stick is all I know for sure, I should have it here on friday so I can check it out but im not sure what to look for. is there a way to tell what gear ratios it was built with? im assuming i will be able to tell if it is a 2spd or 4spd by the shift pattern Im pretty sure its gonna come out and have a new home in mine.... any input will help.
Well the easy answer is look at the serial and call advanced adapters to see. Looking at the gears wont really be beneficial since they're the same with the exception of the input gearing. To manually check, I would first look at the the planetary setup on the front since it shows you the only "real" difference in physical appearance. In a 4spd, the housing has a planetary assembly that has a two seperate high and low ratios. It has one shifter coming out of the top for selecting the range, but the planetary is not a synchronized 'shift-on-the-fly" type of setup and must be operated when the vehicle is stopped. Simply said the 4sp setup it is much more "bulky" compared to a 2 speed in the front at the the input gearing.

Check the picture bro:
Old 11-30-2011, 09:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
Sounds great

Steve has one in his rescue green 2 door, ask him about it.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Freak

Default PHOENIX JK's

Originally Posted by remark
Steve has one in his rescue green 2 door, ask him about it.
Thats a Rubicrawler not an Atlas TC.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!