Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 11-15-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
Just a reminder for those that have nothin going on this Friday the 11th. Shannon and I will be going to Skunk Creek Flats around 6:30 for anyone that wants to meet us out there.

M&G aftermath

I live right across the freeway from Skunk Creek Flats, have seen a few Jeeps up there on Saturday night. I just bought my second Jeep a 2012 Rubi JKU. Looking for some guys to do a little wheeling with. I go up to the Bradshaw Mtn/Cleator/Crown King area a lot. Some fun trails up there. If you don't mind, Let me know next time you all go out. Mine is stock at the moment but mods are planned. Also let me know next time you all are meeting at Skunk Creek, I'd come up for a cold one.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AZOFFROAD
I live right across the freeway from Skunk Creek Flats, have seen a few Jeeps up there on Saturday night. I just bought my second Jeep a 2012 Rubi JKU. Looking for some guys to do a little wheeling with. I go up to the Bradshaw Mtn/Cleator/Crown King area a lot. Some fun trails up there. If you don't mind, Let me know next time you all go out. Mine is stock at the moment but mods are planned. Also let me know next time you all are meeting at Skunk Creek, I'd come up for a cold one.
Welcome AZOFFROAD!

Meet and Greets are always scheduled on the first Sat of each month. We occasionally meet up at other times; but we post it here to let everyone know. Also check out our group page:

https://www.jk-forum.com/group.php?groupid=31
Old 11-15-2011, 03:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was messin around on craigslist and came across this deal for you Unlimited guys

Phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/2701633235.html

^^^^^^thats seriously half off after taxes^^^^^^^^^^
Old 11-15-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rde2Rok
Well I'm back. There is no need to take a vote Tim. Your RIGHT! the people have spoken by their actions.
I gotta tell ya, 218 jeeps and only 4 JKs! 2 of them were ours. We are not taken seriously in the wheelin' community.
218 is actually a low number for all he jeeps around the AZ, Cali, NV. area, and only 4 JK's,,,, Hmmmmmmmm,,,, The numbers are tellin me somethin. Glad ya had a good time, East side was kickin with a run BBQ/Wrenchin party thing qoin on (not JK only but a any Jeep thing).
Old 11-16-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default HID lights

Has anyone put HID lights on their jeep is it easy to do? does anyone have a recommendation on where to get them i want to brightest ones possible?
Old 11-16-2011, 06:07 AM
JK Freak

Default Truss vs Sleeves

I'm planning on reinforcing my front dana30; any advantages/disadvantages to beefing up the axle housing with a backbone truss vs. sleeves?
Old 11-16-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by awesomo
I'm planning on reinforcing my front dana30; any advantages/disadvantages to beefing up the axle housing with a backbone truss vs. sleeves?
Bobbie, THe front D30 you have is like a D44 but my D44 has a larger center section. IF you really abuse the thing you could, bent the "C", bend the 2.5" tube, and or "pop the tubes" loose from the center section. If you backbone truss and weld the tubes into the truss system you will prevent the "poppin of the tubes" for they will not be able to come loose, BUT you could then possibly bend the 2.5" x 1/4" thick tubes. To really do thing's "right", I would double gusset, inner sleeve (becomes 1/2" thick tubes) and then backbone truss and weld tubes to center section. If youhave noticed I have had to do what I have described. There has been others on the Forum that have also done this after things started to go bad. One guy bought a new housing and has done all the above even before he installed to prevent anything from happenin to his front axle. If I had to pick one, I would backbone truss and weld tubes to center section, but actually I think I would do all and rest easy that the front is solid.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jknockers
Bobbie, THe front D30 you have is like a D44 but my D44 has a larger center section. IF you really abuse the thing you could, bent the "C", bend the 2.5" tube, and or "pop the tubes" loose from the center section. If you backbone truss and weld the tubes into the truss system you will prevent the "poppin of the tubes" for they will not be able to come loose, BUT you could then possibly bend the 2.5" x 1/4" thick tubes. To really do thing's "right", I would double gusset, inner sleeve (becomes 1/2" thick tubes) and then backbone truss and weld tubes to center section. If youhave noticed I have had to do what I have described. There has been others on the Forum that have also done this after things started to go bad. One guy bought a new housing and has done all the above even before he installed to prevent anything from happenin to his front axle. If I had to pick one, I would backbone truss and weld tubes to center section, but actually I think I would do all and rest easy that the front is solid.
Tim, thanks for the info. PureJeep told me with the backbone brace/truss, I won't need sleeves. I completely understand what you are saying; but with the kind of wheeling I do, do you think its still necessary to do both the backbone truss and inner sleeve? The upper and lower gussets are definitely getting done; the kit I'm getting also includes control arm skids.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by awesomo
Tim, thanks for the info. PureJeep told me with the backbone brace/truss, I won't need sleeves. I completely understand what you are saying; but with the kind of wheeling I do, do you think its still necessary to do both the backbone truss and inner sleeve? The upper and lower gussets are definitely getting done; the kit I'm getting also includes control arm skids.
I would take their advise, it's kinda what I said also, if I had to pick one I would do the backbone truss and definitely do the "C" gusset. I think your on the right track. It's just that I did the sleeves thinkin it would be enough. It wasn't, so I went backbone truss and welded the tubes.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jknockers
I would take their advise, it's kinda what I said also, if I had to pick one I would do the backbone truss and definitely do the "C" gusset. I think your on the right track. It's just that I did the sleeves thinkin it would be enough. It wasn't, so I went backbone truss and welded the tubes.
Any idea why the tube and the center section isn't welded from the factory?

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!