Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 11-09-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
Wow.... sweet. I need to do some repairs before I attempt the waterfall again. My whole front end is coming apart. I need to replace 2 lca bushings , my tie rod, stearing stabalizer, and my ball joints. Oh and I still have an inner axle seal that needs to be done. It will be a couple of weeks before I am back out in the trail.
Casey, you know as well as I do that these front ends are basically junk if we want to do any kind of hard wheelin. I mean if ya take a stock rubicon and inner/outter sleeve, double gusset, custom truss and weld tubes, regear, HD ball joints, and throw in some chromo shafts we jus start to have something worth wheeling with, but other than that, we're just on borrowed time. All I'm needin now is the HD ball joints and Chromo shafts and I'll be about set. If I were you Casey I would look into a truss and weldin th tubes also while you got it tore down. Those tubes do come loose and ya can bend a tube by the third member. Just somethin to think about, I found out the hard way.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow.... sweet. I need to do some repairs before I attempt the waterfall again. My whole front end is coming apart. I need to replace 2 lca bushings , my tie rod, stearing stabalizer, and my ball joints. Oh and I still have an inner axle seal that needs to be done. It will be a couple of weeks before I am back out in the trail.
I spoke with Steve the other week and when he turned back from Cleator they went back and ran the waterfall twice. He said he was going to go back again sometime and film it.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a reminder for those that have nothin going on this Friday the 11th. Shannon and I will be going to Skunk Creek Flats around 6:30 for anyone that wants to meet us out there.

M&G aftermath
Old 11-09-2011, 08:54 PM
JK Freak

Default Phoenix JK's

Well I just got back from the Dead Mountain run in Laughlin. Met a lot of good people and had a great time. Now I'm off to Parker for 4 days of wheelin and partyin! It sure would be nice if at least 1 person from our GROUP could come! What was I thinking? Theres only 171 in our group!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Hope you are having fun John, no carnage right?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_engel
I was curious what air filters you guys run out here? Im sick of replacing the stock paper filters. I want something I can clean the dust out of and reuse
Volant. No complaints!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rde2Rok
Now I'm off to Parker for 4 days of wheelin and partyin! It sure would be nice if at least 1 person from our GROUP could come! What was I thinking? Theres only 171 in our group!
Ya might have a tough sale there for most of us all. West siders 2 hours drive, East siders 3 hours drive, ante up the bucks to the Parker 4x4 club when ya have all kinds of free wheelin around here right out the back door (20 miles away). They are startin a OHV park (pay to play) a little north of you and it was brought up on another forum or 2 and there was a lot of negative feedback from many about havin to pay to play. That out here in the West is a real turnoff especially since there so much free land out here to wheel in. I know eventually the state will go that route of pay to play just like the Eastern States have. But even back there (I lived in IL. and PA.) it's a bad subject and not liked at all.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by D_engel
When are you gonna start a build thread for this one? I would to know whats involved in running 44's on a JK
I will once I get eveything organized. I have my build thread on pretty much every other site, and will add it here shortly...
Old 11-10-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rde2Rok
Well I just got back from the Dead Mountain run in Laughlin. Met a lot of good people and had a great time. Now I'm off to Parker for 4 days of wheelin and partyin! It sure would be nice if at least 1 person from our GROUP could come! What was I thinking? Theres only 171 in our group!
JOHN, We had planned on doing this!!!! Unfortunatly my wife has her state board test tomorrow. she wont reschedule and with the rain coming it was to hard to try to talk her into it.... Have fun and say Hello to harley.... Tell him jeremy says hi too
Old 11-10-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

JOHN, We had planned on doing this!!!! Unfortunatly my wife has her state board test tomorrow. she wont reschedule and with the rain coming it was to hard to try to talk her into it.... Have fun and say Hello to harley.... Tell him jeremy says hi too
HA! Thanks Casey, that guy probably still hates me! Wish I could make the trip but that is a long drive from San Antonio!! Have fun John

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!