Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 10-07-2011, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix JK's

Originally Posted by Jknockers
I thought you already went and came back,,,, Anyway, gonna give the Mesa store a call next week,,, Thinkin Ajax, not sure yet

Hey John, Where is this campin thing goin on at? Not sure what you were talkin about on that???? Were they offerin a campin thing?
There isn't any camping, I'm going from the jam on the 15th to FJ on the 16th and Im staying in the RV somewhere close. Its too damn far to go back & forth both days. But I will be at FJ early so look for me.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Some of us are camping at bumblebee on the 21 st- 22nd there's a link to the thread in group section
Old 10-07-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
Anybody wanna run up to tablemesa on sunday???
I will go , finally have a sat & sunday off if you don't mind Us tagging along Casey
Old 10-08-2011, 10:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by peanut
I will go , finally have a sat & sunday off if you don't mind Us tagging along Casey
Im now not sure if I can do this....

A little FYI for all of you. When I did my axle swap last weekend I noticed a small leak from the passenger front. I figured I must have torn the inner seal so I pulled them both back out and replaced both inner seals. When I pulled the old seals I did not notice any damage to either of thembut since I had it apart I replaced them anyway. The jeep sat in the garage until yesterday when I drove it to work with no problems. When I got to work which is about a 20mile drive I checked the front end and no leaks.... However when I got home last night i noticed that the passenger front had been spitting a little oil So now im Well come to find out that the passenger front superior chromoly shaft is .010 smaller than a factory shaft and requires a D30 inner seal Those of you who plan on doing this mod keep this in mind when you select your shafts, replacing the inner seals is not a fun job. So now for the 3rd time I get to pull my shafts and for the 2nd time replace my seals

So to answer why Im not sure if I can do this anymore bob, Im just not sure I want to pull and replace my axles just to go wheeling tomorrow. Although if Time permits today I just might

Last edited by CrazyCasey; 10-08-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:32 PM
JK Super Freak

At least Casey you will be the go to guy for axle and axle seals! I see this as a plus for the group
Old 10-08-2011, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a friend that just got a XJ with 33's and ask if I'd take him wheeling tomorrow. Any ideas on where and anyone want to go with? Thinking table mesa Rd or the coves (have not been there).
Old 10-08-2011, 06:00 PM
JK Super Freak

I just got done swapping my front shafts so I can hit table mesa in the AM if anyone wants to go. Ill have to be off the trail by noon so If we want to do more than one trail we will need to meet for air down early, otherwise maybe 8:30. we can run predator terminator or raw deal or any combination of the two if you want to meet early
Old 10-08-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by peanut
I would love the company!!!! now that im ready to hit the trail

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
At least Casey you will be the go to guy for axle and axle seals! I see this as a plus for the group
After this I hope I never have to do this again

Originally Posted by AC/DC
I have a friend that just got a XJ with 33's and ask if I'd take him wheeling tomorrow. Any ideas on where and anyone want to go with? Thinking table mesa Rd or the coves (have not been there).
What time would you want to meet at T.M.? I need to be done in time to go to the pumpkin patch in Prescott with my kiddos so 7:30-9 would be the latest I could start depending how many trails you want to do.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AC/DC
Do you have sliders/rock rails? If not you will not be able to run terminator with out rocker damage and predator is a no go for sure. raw deal can be done stock with some careful driving and a bypass at the end. let me know
Old 10-08-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Default Phoenix JK's

It's amazing what Dan and I will do for a free burger and a dog.

Maybe we will be on the cover of the Rollin' Stonessss!!!

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!