Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 09-04-2011, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix JK's

Ok Guys, here are some pics ENJOY Can't wait for next year!!!

Old 09-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Vic
JK Enthusiast

Had a blast, 4L is my best friend now LOL. Big thank you to all the Phoenix Jk family Luv ya !
Old 09-04-2011, 07:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Darren and I are heading to table mesa in the morning if anyone wants to join just let us know!!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
Darren and I are heading to table mesa in the morning if anyone wants to join just let us know!!!!
I would Casey but I got the same rear bent axle flange problem you had. My tires wobble like Fred flintstones. What brand did you go with? I got some fixen to do.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:56 PM
JK Super Freak

I was able to get mine fixed under warranty..... when I bend them again I will probably do ten chromollys. I have 6k on the mopar replacements which is more than I thought I would get.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:28 PM
JK Freak

I'll try the warranty thing, but if they say "Noway" I'll understand and will go Alloy chromoly or Superior chromoly, I'm lookin around for reviews of the brands available. Will post what I end up doin. Thanks
Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 PM
JK Freak

Default PHOENIX JK's

Hey Tim, I was looking into this and was told by two different ppl (Joe @ abbsolute) and (David @ Northridge) That the problem with the rear axle is they bend in the same place, No matter Chromoly or Stock! The Chromoly is a stronger shaft & splines but still bend at the flange. So I decided to keep my stocks until they bend and then decide from there. Thats just what I was told.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:56 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
Wish I could but I'm stuck at work till 6a
Old 09-05-2011, 04:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rde2Rok
Hey Tim, I was looking into this and was told by two different ppl (Joe @ abbsolute) and (David @ Northridge) That the problem with the rear axle is they bend in the same place, No matter Chromoly or Stock! The Chromoly is a stronger shaft & splines but still bend at the flange. So I decided to keep my stocks until they bend and then decide from there. Thats just what I was told.
Thanks John, The more I dig into this on the net from many sources the more its lookin that way. I jacked up the back, put it in 1st gear and you can definitely see, as the tires spin, the brake caliper along with wheel do the ole wobble thing. I think I'll go Chromoly to buy me some time, but I think I gonna eventually have to go Full floater, either 14 bolt or 60. I haven't heard back from Dynatrac yet.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Super Freak

FULL FLOAT IS THE WAY TO GO. When I started lookin in to axle shafts I found that a couple of these companys warranty their items for bent flanges. just make sure you go that way and It wont cost you anything to replace them next time!!!! The main reason I havnt done mine is the same.... I would love to just change the whole rear end!!!!

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!