Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at the Sprint Booster and it's pros/cons and I am wondering if any in the Valley have this and have feed back.
Thanks in advance....PM me if needed
Old 08-20-2011, 01:41 AM
JK Freak

Can you guys tell me where i can get those stupid little plastic clips that hold the fenders to the body? (Other than the dealer)
Old 08-20-2011, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

clipsandfasteners.com

Originally Posted by JK-IZ
Can you guys tell me where i can get those stupid little plastic clips that hold the fenders to the body? (Other than the dealer)

Last edited by Sharkey; 08-20-2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: No links to non-sponsors please
Old 08-20-2011, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JocKy
Looking at the Sprint Booster and it's pros/cons and I am wondering if any in the Valley have this and have feed back.
Thanks in advance....PM me if needed
JocKy, I have the original sprint booster (not the newer one with 3 stages) on my JK and found that there was no improvement in seat of the pants performance. Here is why, I first added the Superchips Flashpaq tuner and like everyone found that it was probably the best money spent on a power increase. About two days after that install, my sprint booster arrived and I installed it and noticed no improvement in throttle response. It seems the Flashpaq tuner does what the sprint booster does, so for me it was a waste of money. I can't comment on the newer 3 stage that's out, but I would put my money on the Flashpaq since it improves the throttle response and does much more too.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by awesomo
What damage could have occurred by adjusting your Tie Rod to recenter the steering wheel? After reading the JK-Project DIY, I should have adjusted the Drag Link. Surprisingly enough, adjusting the Tie Rod actually re-centered my steering wheel, but since then I've noticed a clanking noise when I go over bumps or if I physically shake the jeep.

Should I reverse the adjustment I did on the Tie Rod and try to re-center using the drag link, or I should I just get a professional alignment?

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...65#post2480565
If you can adjust your tie rod back exactly where it was and then adjust your drag ling that would be best. However if you have bent your tie rod it wont matter since your alignment will be off anyway
Old 08-20-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
If you can adjust your tie rod back exactly where it was and then adjust your drag ling that would be best. However if you have bent your tie rod it wont matter since your alignment will be off anyway
Hopefully I haven't bent the tie rod by doing this

Since I made this adjustment, I haven't gone off-roading and have only been daily driving it. It was pointed out that the clanking could be caused by over-rotating the sleeves with the pinch bolts, and it might be hitting the track bar or dif cover.

Other then these alignments, do Jeeps still require any other professional alignments? Camber, etc?
Old 08-20-2011, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by awesomo
Hopefully I haven't bent the tie rod by doing this

Since I made this adjustment, I haven't gone off-roading and have only been daily driving it. It was pointed out that the clanking could be caused by over-rotating the sleeves with the pinch bolts, and it might be hitting the track bar or dif cover.

Other then these alignments, do Jeeps still require any other professional alignments? Camber, etc?
Finally figured it out!

This whole time I swore the sound was coming from the driver side. Had the wife shake the car (which she had an extremely hard time doing ) and determined it was the passenger side sway bar links! No more sounds!

Aligned the drag link and toe rod (1/16th closer in front of the tire). I'm ready for a trail! Coves tomorrow anyone?
Old 08-20-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4DARCKS
Just got home from running Crown King. What a great trip and had fun with everyone. Sorry I left so fast... I had to try out the speed bumps.
Had a great time. I'll get some of the pictures up once I load them on the computer.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just got home from running Crown King. What a great trip and had fun with everyone. Sorry I left so fast... I had to try out the speed bumps.
Ditto for me. Had a great time. Bob, thanks for airing up my tires.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

So how you like speed bumps ? you can get air on that road & its fun

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!