Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-IZ
Hey, im going camping to Sedona/Flagstaff area this weekend. Anyone else gonna be up that way? Im thinking about doing some trails. Besides the Broken Arrow trail, what else is up there?
Stop at information center on way in and they will tell you best trails and ones that could be possibly closed. I would also stop at the jeep tour place. They know the best of best trails. They do more hardcore style adventures not just the dirt roads, and they will tell you where to go and even offer for you to follow them. That's what I did when I rented wrangler before purchasing one and it was tons of fun.

Here is their link. They also have a directions map on site.

http://www.safarijeeptours.com/

Last edited by Hskr4x4; 06-29-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-IZ

Whats the deal with error codes? I have had a set of HIDs on mine for about 6 months now and no issues. I bought them online for about 50 bucks and work really good.
Alot of cheap hids will cause check engine light on jeeps and all dodge products they monitor the headlights and hids draw way less then regular headlight so the computer thinks you have both headlights out
Old 06-30-2011, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hobbes69
Alot of cheap hids will cause check engine light on jeeps and all dodge products they monitor the headlights and hids draw way less then regular headlight so the computer thinks you have both headlights out
Hobbes - sorry about the "girls next door" comment - That was Husker that had the girls next door. I still want the HID's though... PM me how much and when.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Junkie

Girls?
Old 06-30-2011, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

FYI~

I do photography on the side. May need a few Jeeps soon for some ladies to model with

I will post some sample (hints) this weekend
Old 06-30-2011, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
FYI~

I do photography on the side. May need a few Jeeps soon for some ladies to model with

I will post some sample (hints) this weekend
Hot chicks on my jeep I'm in :-)
Old 06-30-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

After John and I looked at the Sport Cage in Steve's Jeep that cage has moved to the top three on my list. My next mod will be exhaust, just trying to decide on which one to go with. I'm leaning towards the MBRP or DB. I don't want any drone, any input?
Old 06-30-2011, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

Default Lowest Hanging Grab Bars

Can anyone recommend the lowest hanging grab bars for a JK?

On my radar so far are the Gnarly or Rugged Ridge grab bars....

do the Gnarly have rear grab bars?
Old 06-30-2011, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Capone
After John and I looked at the Sport Cage in Steve's Jeep that cage has moved to the top three on my list. My next mod will be exhaust, just trying to decide on which one to go with. I'm leaning towards the MBRP or DB. I don't want any drone, any input?
I did the Magnaflow Off Road system and it is great. No drone and you really can't even hear it at freeway speeds, only when you step on it. It dumps before the rear axle so no clearance issues with your new suspension set up. I have a sound clip on you tube also.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rthario

I did the Magnaflow Off Road system and it is great. No drone and you really can't even hear it at freeway speeds, only when you step on it. It dumps before the rear axle so no clearance issues with your new suspension set up. I have a sound clip on you tube also.
Did you have to relocate the evap canister? What I'm looking for is the sound. The Jeep is to quiet when your on a trail and I want to hear the engine so I can hear where my rpm's are and not be looking at gauges. Do you hear it when you are at or above idle?

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!