Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 06-19-2011, 10:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jlabe2
I am not sure where you are getting your info, my group have been there twice, in January and then in March, the generator hasn't moved and no signs of it being closed. I know BLM and the owners of Martinez are in negotiations for solutions for the vandalism that goes on back there, but as far as I know nothing has been decided yet.
Check out the Travel Management Plan for the area. Some other local clubs were fighting it, but there was no appeal made so after Dec 9, 2010 it was closed. Travel at your own risk, as the goverment does not necesarily need to physically post the closure on the trail.

Here is a quote from BLMs summary letter (linked below):

"Route closures and restoration: A number of routes identified in the physical access inventory will be closed to motorized travel to protect habitat and cultural resources, prevent user conflicts, decrease damage to natural and cultural resources, and prevent route proliferation. Many of these routes are reclaiming condition, are very lightly used primarily for recreational travel, and are in areas with sensitive resource values. Closure of Martinez Canyon to motorized vehicle use will help protect sensitive riparian resource values and wildlife habitat, as well as reduce damage from vandalism and inadvertent visitor use on historic and prehistoric cultural resources."

Here is someone else's summary of the closed trails:

MARTINEZ
Overdose
Woodys Wash
Lower Woodpecker
Broken Ankle

Here are some links:

http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/tra.../mgc-docs.html

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial.../DR-letter.pdf

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial.../T03S_R12E.pdf

Last edited by remark; 06-19-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PHOENIX JK's

Don't argue with Andrew! He is are group LAWYER!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rde2Rok
Don't argue with Andrew! He is are group LAWYER!
Yeah, sorry, don't mean to argue. I have read the above statement from the BLM last fall sometime. All they have to do to close Martinez is shut the gate, and it is still open. Lower Woodpecker is still open, we just came through it yesterday. I am not familiar with the other trails on the list. But before we organize any official run, I will contact BLM and make sure of what the status is of these trails. Also we are supposed to have a "recreation permit" to be in that area. My group all have one because that area is where we primarily wheel. I am also in the process of getting involved with the Tonto Recreation Alliance program. It is a volunteer group that helps Arizona Fish and Game, Arizona State Parks and BLM oversee all of the OHV riding areas around the state. We all know that the land we use for recreation is under attack. So I am going to do what I can to give a positive view of our side to keep as many trails open as possible.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rde2Rok
Everyone has seen the OR-FAB Products and know the quality and durability that OR-FAB produces. This is my first TrailMaster product, and I must say, while removing my TeraFlex lift and installing my TrailMaster lift there is no comparison. The material, hardware, bushings, joints, and one of a kind technology blew me away. Those that have already met Steve & Yates know what great guys they are. They will go out of their way to make sure you are completly satisfied. Those that are even considering a long arm lift should look at this lift very seriously. Don't wait! There are deals to be had right now before it hits the market. You can see it on my 2dr or Tony's 4dr at the M&Gs. We will let you test drive them, but I promise, you will want one. You can PM me or Tony or call Steve at OR-FAB (928-636-3110). One more thing, these products are MADE IN THE USA and in ARIZONA!!! Not in CHINA! Do you want a Chinese lift or an AMERICAN LIFT?
I'm looking for a 3inch lift for a JKU. If not a chinese-lift, what do you guys recommend? Will a 3inch lift on 33's fit in my garage?
Old 06-20-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by awesomo
I'm looking for a 3inch lift for a JKU. If not a chinese-lift, what do you guys recommend? Will a 3inch lift on 33's fit in my garage?
First, how much are you looking to spend? That is buying it now. Also if you want part of a lift and will buy more of it later also can be a consideration.

Second, what type of offroading, if at all, do you do?

Third, do you have future plans to go any larger?

Lastly, how high is your gararge from the top of your jeep now? How tall are your tires now?

BTW ORFab has lifts that fit a lot of different needs.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

The Fox Shox install and bolting on the Long Arms The RCV Axels are in next

Just to repeat what John said; If you want this lift or have any intrest you NEED to call John, Steve or myself. Steve said he took 3 more phone calls today. Once this first run is gone there will be no more deals... In short you will pay retail price
Old 06-20-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by remark
First, how much are you looking to spend? That is buying it now. Also if you want part of a lift and will buy more of it later also can be a consideration.

Second, what type of offroading, if at all, do you do?

Third, do you have future plans to go any larger?

Lastly, how high is your gararge from the top of your jeep now? How tall are your tires now?

BTW ORFab has lifts that fit a lot of different needs.
I have about 12 inches of clearance between the top the jeep and garage.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Capone
The Fox Shox install and bolting on the Long Arms The RCV Axels are in next

Just to repeat what John said; If you want this lift or have any intrest you NEED to call John, Steve or myself. Steve said he took 3 more phone calls today. Once this first run is gone there will be no more deals... In short you will pay retail price
Dude way cool! Cant wait to see this mama jama in person!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:21 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Dude way cool! Cant wait to see this mama jama in person!
More than seeing it...I want to ride the marshmellow!!

EDIT: Um...wait, disregard ha!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by awesomo

I have about 12 inches of clearance between the top the jeep and garage.
When you come over this weekend you will see how mine fits I have a 2 an3/4 inch with almost 32's on my jeep

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!