Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone know a good Offroad store that i can pickup a rear d44 diff cover for around $80-100 other than 4wd? Heading up to Sedona this weekend and need some rear protection

Edit: Found AMC4x4 on google maps. Guess they have diff covers for like $50 so hopefully its what im looking for

Last edited by Croce; 05-04-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobbes69
Ya I have always liked the tomboy type they know how to have fun and still look good when it's time to go out :-)
WOW I read that wrong...I read "put out" instead of "go out"....o well works either way
Old 05-04-2011, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Croce
Anyone know a good Offroad store that i can pickup a rear d44 diff cover for around $80-100 other than 4wd? Heading up to Sedona this weekend and need some rear protection
Really,,, I would trust the steel covers more so than the cast aluminum ones,, steel gives a little and bends where cast aluminum does not like to bend very much at all,, tends to crack or break,, kinda like a steel wheel vs. a cast alloy wheel,, I am going to keep my steel diff covers (spray them black again) unless I see other STEEL ones I like,, and If I do replace them, I want them to be at least as thick as the stock ones and made out of steel,,, (jus my $.02)
Old 05-04-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Edit: Found AMC4x4 on google maps. Guess they have diff covers for like $50 so hopefully its what im looking for
If you had more time - I'd highly recommend this:

http://www.solidaxle.com/productcart...3&idcategory=7

There is a rep here - that MAY have one in stock... Call Andrew at 480-7970469. Tell him Mike Del Col sent you...
Old 05-04-2011, 02:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RockinJK
If you had more time - I'd highly recommend this:

http://www.solidaxle.com/productcart...3&idcategory=7

There is a rep here - that MAY have one in stock... Call Andrew at 480-7970469. Tell him Mike Del Col sent you...
Thanks, only if they could have it here by the end of the week..Thats what i originally order from a vendor i cannot mention lol. They're out of stock until the end of May and id have no problem waiting as i heard they make good products but i have a trip to Sedona this weekend and dont wanna go on the "Stairs" with no rear diff cover
Old 05-04-2011, 02:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NH-JK
Hey AZ guys I'm looking to move out to the Phoenix area. Does anyone know of any companies looking to hire a safety manager or environmental health and safety manager? Pretty much anything in the safety field. Thanks guys.... I can't wait to get back out there!
Do a google search for arizona society of safety engineers or american society of safety engineers then look for the Arizona chapter. They have a few listing that may interest you.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks, only if they could have it here by the end of the week..Thats what i originally order from a vendor i cannot mention lol. They're out of stock until the end of May and id have no problem waiting as i heard they make good products but i have a trip to Sedona this weekend and dont wanna go on the "Stairs" with no rear diff cover
If you have any sort of lift I wouldn't be too worried about the Stairs.

If you don't have a lift and you are worried about your rear diff cover it has to be because you think you are going to peel it back. Just bring some RCV and diff fluid with you and relax. You still probably won't need it.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by remark
If you have any sort of lift I wouldn't be too worried about the Stairs.

If you don't have a lift and you are worried about your rear diff cover it has to be because you think you are going to peel it back. Just bring some RCV and diff fluid with you and relax. You still probably won't need it.
No lift and stock Sahara wheels/tires Plus with being Aired down and having 4 people + supplies in the Jeep i figured it would be sitting kinda low. Stealerships up my ass about changing diff fluid so i figured nows a good time to get a new cover. Never been wheelin in Sedona before so not sure what to expect so figured id play on the safe side. Not having much luck finding one. Tried Absolute Offroad, Letzroll, 4Wheelsupplies, SDHQ, and AZ 4x4. So hoping the one from AMC4x4 is what im looking for, otherwise ill probally end up going to 4wp

Last edited by Croce; 05-04-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Call Andrew. His business is building rock crawler axles... he may have one on the shelf... He's near Power and Brown...
Old 05-04-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Junkie

Remark, thank you very much.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!