Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 04-28-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wife is gonna be gone the second weekend of may .I thought sunday, i think its the 15th, if anyone has mods they are planing on doing we could get togeather at my place and have a little fun
Old 04-28-2011, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jknockers
Well thats good,, but I trimmed the pinch seam yesterday and put on a huge tranny cooler today (B&M supercooler)

B&M #130-70266
Racing Transmission Cooler Only
28,000 GVW
20,500 BTU
11'' x 8'' x 1-1/2''
1/2" NPT Inlet/Outlet

http://www.jegs.com/i/B-M/130/70266/10002/-1 I'm a thinkin by the time I get there I'll just be about done,,, which might not be a bad thing,, Will mean more time to
Originally Posted by awesomo
Is that for the oil/tranny light..for us automatics?
YEha I was tired of it comin on,,,, I will see if I get it anymore,,,, I know when wheelin ya go low range to keep RPM up and turn on a/c low setting and to mid warm setting to get the radiator fan working but that wasn't cutting it,,, thres a little hint for you guys that get the light,,
Old 04-28-2011, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
The wife is gonna be gone the second weekend of may .I thought sunday, i think its the 15th, if anyone has mods they are planing on doing we could get togeather at my place and have a little fun
Meanin you will show me how to do gears front/back,, that'll be great,, I promise to not drink too much and pay close attention
Old 04-28-2011, 03:19 PM
JK Freak

YEha I was tired of it comin on,,,, I will see if I get it anymore,,,, I know when wheelin ya go low range to keep RPM up and turn on a/c low setting and to mid warm setting to get the radiator fan working but that wasn't cutting it,,, thres a little hint for you guys that get the light,,
Yea..I remember back in the day...my friends and I would have similar problems on our bikes. Usually from doing wheelies, causing all the oil to congregate towards the back of the pan while at 11-12 o'clock.

Do you think that oil light problem in the jeep is similar...since it usually pops up during an incline?
Old 04-28-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by awesomo
Yea..I remember back in the day...my friends and I would have similar problems on our bikes. Usually from doing wheelies, causing all the oil to congregate towards the back of the pan while at 11-12 o'clock.

Do you think that oil light problem in the jeep is similar...since it usually pops up during an incline?
No it even says in the manual (shop manual) a cooler may be needed depending on the type of driving you do and what you tow
Old 04-28-2011, 03:27 PM
JK Freak

No it even says in the manual (shop manual) a cooler may be needed depending on the type of driving you do and what you tow
They just did not put a good enough coolin system for the tranny in my opinion on the jeep,,, I think the thing should have had and additional cooler on it. I think some trucks offer this if I remember right,,,, It should have been an option for us.... oh I forgot, it is, you just have to go buy it and install it yourself,,,
Old 04-28-2011, 03:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Meanin you will show me how to do gears front/back,, that'll be great,, I promise to not drink too much and pay close attention
Sure..... As long as you know I paid someone else to do mine Once you regear your jeep the hot oil light is no longer a problem.... using 4 low should keep it from coming on for now
Old 04-28-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
Sure..... As long as you know I paid someone else to do mine Once you regear your jeep the hot oil light is no longer a problem.... using 4 low should keep it from coming on for now
well I will think of the cooler as something that looks cool then,, it wasn't a bad install anyway,, lets just say I had a bonding experience with the jeep today then,,,
Old 04-28-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wrenching party next month sounds great. I'll plan on it.

The stupid "Hot Oil" light caused me enough stress. I put on a cooler and put in an Aeroforce guage. No problems now.

However reading other threads and watching my Aeroforce I found that to prevent overheating do the following:

1) If there is a lot of offroad uphill, especially under 30 mph, go into 4 low and leave it in drive (not 1st or 2nd). (Once you are in 4L 20 mph is about as fast as you will get anyway).
2) Esp is off and make sure o/d is also turned off.

By doing that if you were near the Hot Oil light you will drop 10 degrees in trans temp in a couple of minutes. It is really fast to watch on the guage. The only other way to do it that fast is to go downhill with a nice wind running at you.

If you just remember to operate in 4L in drive with o/d off you should never see the Hot Oil light.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:57 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by remark
Wrenching party next month sounds great. I'll plan on it.

The stupid "Hot Oil" light caused me enough stress. I put on a cooler and put in an Aeroforce guage. No problems now.

Whats been your temp readings after the cooler????????

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!