Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 04-09-2011, 09:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spanishgoose
Please ship them all to my apt!
As you wish ;-) wait....no, scratch that, come & get 'em!

Sent from my Incredible in Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-09-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jknockers
Well peanut, ya wanna help me void the warranty? It would be a real simple job, hack off all but about 2" of the front frame rails and then get 1/4" C channel 33" x 8" , cut bottom channel off, weld side plates on for bolting on side of frame rails, paint rattle can gloss black, bolt it on, done
when you going to do it? just came home from work now ... (sunday?)
Old 04-09-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just ordered my CB. Went with Uniden 520xl. After all the reviews and talking to Tony I thought it was a good for me. That and it saves me close to 100 bucks. I like that too.
Thanks Tony to putting up with me during the whole thing!
Old 04-09-2011, 04:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought Jeremy perferred Basura Blanco.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by peanut
when you going to do it? just came home from work now ... (sunday?)
Well I gotta find the material first and then get somebody that won't mind me helpin and has welder, cuttin torch, n a drill and will do it for beer and a favor for a friend then I am willin to do it. I don't have a problem cuttin the frame, I just gotta get all the stuff together, It's really not that big of a job at all, even kinda simple. Timing is everything,,,,, It'll be done
Old 04-09-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have every thing we need tool wise what material you want to use

Last edited by peanut; 04-09-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

I have every thing we need tool wise what material you what to use
I was just lookin up C channel 8" or 10" x 36" x 1/4 or I will even go 3/16 piece prices and it looks like about $50 to $80 bucks in material cost, I would throw the guy some bucks for their time and effort also, the bucks is not a problem,, the problem is gettin it all together and seein if the person is able to do what I was wantin to do. I sure a good fabracator would have no problem doin it cause its really not rocket science, hell if I had all the tools and skill or welding I could make what I invision in my head. I'll be honest, I was never taught how to weld, kinda wish I knew how, cause I visualize some neat stuff for the jeep

Last edited by Jknockers; 04-09-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thats what I do every day for the past OOhumm 27 or 28 years fab/welder mig,tig,arc, gas weld all metals
Old 04-09-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jknockers
I was just lookin up C channel 8" or 10" x 36" x 1/4 or I will even go 3/16 piece prices and it looks like about $50 to $80 bucks in material cost, I would throw the guy some bucks for their time and effort also, the bucks is not a problem,, the problem is gettin it all together and seein if the person is able to do what I was wantin to do. I sure a good fabracator would have no problem doin it cause its really not rocket science, hell if I had all the tools and skill or welding I could make what I invision in my head. I'll be honest, I was never taught how to weld, kinda wish I knew how, cause I visualize some neat stuff for the jeep
I could bend some thing up to not to make $$ off you just to help a fellow JKer out
Old 04-09-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

I could bend some thing up to not to make $$ off you just to help a fellow JKer out
That would be cool, but I really would pay my way (don't ever like to be a mooch, I gotta live with myself) Anyway it would be 2" on the top about 8" in front and from frame rail to frame rail which is 32 3/4" wide and I have that electronic disconnect that should be portected cause I could just see hittin that thing on some rocks, anyway, would want to be able to bolt it on and off the frame with a couple 1/2" bolts on each side through the frame rails, I'm sure you got the idea what I am talkin about

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!