Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 06-01-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can't see the pics..............................
Old 06-02-2010, 01:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rustler
can't see the pics..............................
I dont think they came out either Tony T. 3 More weeks till CK!!!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea, my bad, I moved around the Album in my gallery so the link isn't working anymore. I'll put the pics back up and update the post later on.

I'll try to be at on the 16th, but I'm not sure about making the CK run. I ran it a couple weeks ago, There was 4 of us and it was exhausting for the Jeep without lockers on 33s. Not impossible by any means, but scary enough in parts that I would rather run some other trails and actually enjoy a run instead of watching someones jeep teeter-totter on the edge of a cliff.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Ok... well what about 35's and limited slip? is that going to be a problem?
Old 06-03-2010, 03:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Was the Jeep with 33's able to disconect the front swaybar? I know this would affect things quite a bit.Thanks Tony T.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

Default CK

Originally Posted by TonyT
Yea, my bad, I moved around the Album in my gallery so the link isn't working anymore. I'll put the pics back up and update the post later on.

I'll try to be at on the 16th, but I'm not sure about making the CK run. I ran it a couple weeks ago, There was 4 of us and it was exhausting for the Jeep without lockers on 33s. Not impossible by any means, but scary enough in parts that I would rather run some other trails and actually enjoy a run instead of watching someones jeep teeter-totter on the edge of a cliff.
WOW ! I havn't been up ck this year, but did last year. Even though most of us had lockers, one jeep had a 2" lift w/31" tires, and a group of 4x4 chevy pu's joind us.Everone made it just fine. There are bypases for some of the harder spots. BTW the pu trucks had no lockers and one of them was 2wd So unless it got real" tore up" this year ! I think it will be a great time . It will give some ppl a chance to see what thier jeep's can realy do....
Old 06-03-2010, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Default Vaca.......

Leaving San Diego today, Coming back to the real world with a painfuly red glow.Too much fun. Though I could'nt bring my jeep , I got to watch the life guard drive his JK back and forth on the beach. It would have been a blast !!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 AM
JK Super Freak

That makes me feel better. I have heard of people doing CK with 2 wheel drive but it takes a lot long.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

CK wasn't too bad at all last month. One of our guys took a bypass, but really pretty fun and enjoyable overall. We did have a LR Discovery get stuck in front of us right at the end where you start the road to drive up to the town, but that's another story...

Anyways, I think it would be cool for you guys from the west and the rest of us (on the other site) to meet up sometime and wheel. We had a blast out at Sunflower Mine today. Hope to meet up with you all soon.
poser pics from today -

Ryan
Old 06-03-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default SWEET, Finally got someone from the EAST side to represent!!! :thumbsup:

CK wasn't too bad at all last month. One of our guys took a bypass, but really pretty fun and enjoyable overall. We did have a LR Discovery get stuck in front of us right at the end where you start the road to drive up to the town, but that's another story...

Anyways, I think it would be cool for you guys from the west and the rest of us (on the other site) to meet up sometime and wheel. We had a blast out at Sunflower Mine today. Hope to meet up with you all soon.
poser pics from today -

Ryan,

Welcome to the group. Now you need to get the others to jump on so we can have a bigger Meet and Greet group next time. And yes we all have to go wheellin soon, I'm still tryin to get my schedule switched so I can partake in the CK run on the 26th.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!