Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 03-05-2011, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be seeing you all in April. Ahhh I cannot wait to go topless and door less. and get back to reality. so where are the M&G's usually held?
Old 03-06-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
I am n c u guys and gals there today
Thanks for showing off your Toy Camp! It was nice to meet you. Now if we could just get more of a turn out, I mean there is only 82 members and only 15 of us show up??? Maybe a raffle or gift card give away is in order??
Old 03-06-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Freak

Default PHOENIX JK's

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Thanks for showing off your Toy Camp! It was nice to meet you. Now if we could just get more of a turn out, I mean there is only 82 members and only 15 of us show up??? Maybe a raffle or gift card give away is in order??
WOW! you mean 15 showed up! Thats our biggest turn out yet.I know what your sayin Robert. Did some new faces show up? I know I can't do Sat M&Gs for a while, But I guess it's no big deal. Thats why I can't put on the BIG Meet, there just is'nt any support from this group.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:33 AM
JK Junkie

There's a secret to scheduling if you want a huge turn out for the BIG M&G. Unfortunately, I used to get stuck planning stuff like that at my old job.

Start small by just finding out what weekend DAY or WEEK night would work. Put it out in a forum post and a mass PM. Week nights are good because the "other halves" know it won't be a long night due to work in the morning. Weekend days are good because it doesn't interfere with date nights with the girlfriends/wives.
I unfortunately know too many ladies who do not want their men to go to a Jeep function and get ideas. I just set up a little get together of former work people in Tucson. I set it up for 16 and 16 showed. It was a Thurs eve.

If you want to do a weekend day, you have to think about kids. Maybe do a M&G at a park where the kids can play on the playground or we can all pitch in and get the midgets a bouncy house. You can also make it a potluck to get the wives/girlfriends involved. They can bring food dishes/sides and someone can grill. Get people excited

Something big has to have a little bit for everyone.

I'm new to the forum pretty much so not sure what you have set up previously, but just thought I would share from experience.

-Love
Old 03-06-2011, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Heres an Idea. hehehehe... I will be moving from the East coast back to my Home state Of Arizona. I missed the place. but anyways. I will be returning from Iraq from being over here on and off since 2005 Helping out the wonderful Armed Forces over here protecting the great nation we live in. Now I just purchased a house in the Tonopah area now I should be moved in the First weekend of April. This will allow me some time to get settled in a lil bit and prepare for my Welcome home Party. Which will be the 8, 9, and 10 thats a Friday, Saturday, and a Sunday. I will have a BBQ on that Saturday if I know quite a few people will be comming out. The only bad thing is I know gas is expensive and it is way out in Tonopah off of 339th Ave and I-10. If that is cool with everyone I will provide the food, and some soft drinks and all the water you can drink. There is a Possibiltiy several of my friends will be there. But the Best part I WILL BE HOME YEAH....... So Free Food, chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs, and snacks and you can bring anything you would like as well. Best of all there is plenty of parking bring your kids, and animals as long as they get along with other pets. This is also just an Idea as well....
Old 03-06-2011, 10:19 AM
JK Junkie

Can't wait till you get home!! That's awesome

The 10th is my bday and I will be out of town for 10 days on a birthday extravaganza but I might be able to make it on the 8th during the day for a little while if you get it all worked out. I could at least stop by, say welcome home, and help you get all organized before the crazy people get there!

Keep us posted.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:01 PM
JK Freak

Default PHOENIX JK's

Thanks Mutts & Love, We are all about Ideas and other folks getting involved. The reason we are all here is we have JEEPS, We have a common intrest, and so far the people I have met through this Forum are good people and we have a lot of fun. The problem is PARTISIPATION! or LACK OF! We have tried different days and places but the dedicated few are the only ones. But I must say those few (you know who you are) are a great bunch and always ready to go. Love I have yet to meet you and have only missed one m&g, But I also have Thur off, So just say when you want to get that jeep dirty.Mutts, Thank you for your service and I look forward to your party and meeting you as well. By the way I'm just north of you in Wittmann. I'm glad to see more intrest in this group.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:04 PM
JK Junkie

I actually made it to the Pavillions yesterday. It was my first Sat off for a M&G. Will you be going to Prescott this coming Thurs?
Old 03-07-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

sorry i missed the M&G but I WILL MAKE THUR! We for us in the valley we need to meet up and all drive up together!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sheks4ever
sorry i missed the M&G but I WILL MAKE THUR! We for us in the valley we need to meet up and all drive up together!
Chris is alive!

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!