Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 02-25-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new Axle

Hey everybody,
i found out the other day that i bent my front d30 and im looking to upgrade to a D44. Anybody have a Rubi one they switched out or maybe just one laying around?
Im kinda low on cash but maybe i can afford a used one. no way i can get a new one.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by eraujk
Hey everybody,
i found out the other day that i bent my front d30 and im looking to upgrade to a D44. Anybody have a Rubi one they switched out or maybe just one laying around?
Im kinda low on cash but maybe i can afford a used one. no way i can get a new one.
Now that sucks! Are you sure its bent?
Old 02-25-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

REMARK

question for you. is your JK an auto or manual. I noticed in your sig block you are running 4.88's so I was just wondering. I got a set of 4.88's for mine just haven't been installed yet due to me being in Iraq. I plan on doing the install when I get home between building the shop and relaxing. I was just wondering what you thought if they were to high or perfect.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mutts08JK
REMARK

question for you. is your JK an auto or manual. I noticed in your sig block you are running 4.88's so I was just wondering. I got a set of 4.88's for mine just haven't been installed yet due to me being in Iraq. I plan on doing the install when I get home between building the shop and relaxing. I was just wondering what you thought if they were to high or perfect.
I have an Auto. For 33" they are perfect. If you want 35s go 5.13's.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

5.13 & 35's work great have power back and crawls way better then 35's & 3.73 gears
Old 02-25-2011, 09:32 PM
JK Super Freak

WOW!!!! what a long 2 weeks I hope I can get everything done around the house this weekend... keep thinking about going wheeling but that dang bent axle is not gonna let me. getting it fixed next weekend so maybe the following weekend I can get out and do some stuff. Kids baseball opening day is the 5th, I should have their spring game schedule next week and want to set something up for another big trip when they have a weekend off. Any suggestions on where we should go??? end of march begining of april
Old 02-25-2011, 11:57 PM
JK Freak

Default PHOENIX JK's

My rear lower arms at the frame have chunks of rubber bushing coming out! Both sides!What the Hell causes that? I think I have some repairs coming up.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rde2Rok
My rear lower arms at the frame have chunks of rubber bushing coming out! Both sides!What the Hell causes that? I think I have some repairs coming up.
It may be time for that New long arm kit John Just sounds like you just had bushing failure.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
WOW!!!! what a long 2 weeks I hope I can get everything done around the house this weekend... keep thinking about going wheeling but that dang bent axle is not gonna let me. getting it fixed next weekend so maybe the following weekend I can get out and do some stuff. Kids baseball opening day is the 5th, I should have their spring game schedule next week and want to set something up for another big trip when they have a weekend off. Any suggestions on where we should go??? end of march begining of april
Casey...was Darren able to help you out? Payette Draw would be awesome.....but maybe closer to summer time huh?
Old 02-26-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by remark
I have an Auto. For 33" they are perfect. If you want 35s go 5.13's.
Awesome thats what I was hoping for I just didn't know if they were gonna be to much for the 33's I am running Cepeck Crushers now and am pretty happy with them but the stocker gears just aren't letting me y=use the over drive even when it had stock tires the slightest hill kicked it out Ugh so I am glad I made the choice with the 4.88. can't wait to get them installed and go try them out. in about a month..

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!