Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 02-12-2011, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a trip to the Doctor, I am finally over the creeping crud....................what ever is going around sucks...................
Old 02-13-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Looking for a tire after running Ajax

I ran Upper and Lower Ajax yesterday and sliced a sidewall, so I'd like to find a used replacement, as I'd rather not put the new spare on the ground at this time. If anyone has a used Goodyear MTR 37x12.50-17R that I can buy, please let me know....thanks!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Is Martinez Mine Loop Closed?

I've heard that Martinez has been closed for about a month now, but yesterday I saw other trails (Lower Woodpecker) that were suppose to be closed...and it was open. Can anyone say from personal experience that Martinez (the full loop) is either open or closed? Thanks!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Desert camping safe?

This may not be the correct place to ask, but here goes...

The wife and I are planning a trip through Arizona. The plan is to set up a base camp for 3-4 days at a time, explore the nearby trails, then move the base to the different location and repeat. We're not familiar with Arizona, matter of fact only been there on business. How safe is it to camp in the desert..not so worried about the environmental factors more the human kind?

Although I know you guys are from the Pheonix area, any comment about the Tuscon area?

Sorry about the highjack.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

My family and I camp in the desert all the time. I have never had a problem. I always try to stay close to main well traveled dirt roads and have camped at bumblebee, florence jct, table mesa, flagstaff, williams, payson and the rim, casagrande, buckeye and problably a couple others i am forgeting. as far as tucson goes hit the guys on the tucson thread up im sure they can tell you. let us know when you come down we can set something up with you if you would like!!

here is a video of our last outing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfZpfaYJN0c
Old 02-13-2011, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
My family and I camp in the desert all the time. I have never had a problem.....

..let us know when you come down we can set something up with you if you would like!!

here is a video of our last outing.....
Good to know that you haven't had any problems while camping.

Thanks for the hospitality. We'd love to have some experienced wheelers show us around the area.

Great vid!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet
I've heard that Martinez has been closed for about a month now, but yesterday I saw other trails (Lower Woodpecker) that were suppose to be closed...and it was open. Can anyone say from personal experience that Martinez (the full loop) is either open or closed? Thanks!

Yes it is closed. So sad. I am glad I made it out there a couple of times.

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial.../DR-letter.pdf

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial...ly-041309p.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-04-03 15.48.52..jpg
Views:	68
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	127092Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-04-03 15.08.24..jpg
Views:	66
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	127093
Old 02-13-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by remark
Closed!!! Thats a bummer that was like one of the coolest trails... Dirt bags probably couldnt keep their trash where it belongs, or the atv ers ridding anywhere and everywhere! Oh well, what can we do?
Old 02-14-2011, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well you guys missed a pretty darn good trail run on the Log Corral trail on Saturday. There were just 3 of us - but the day was awesome, and the trail was fun... We all need to welcome AZSpitfire97 (Todd) to the brotherhood of jeepers... Todd brought out his 2010 Rubi Unlimited and completed his first EVER trip offroad in the jeep. He followed his spotters well, used every skid plate on the jeep, and also suffered his first trail damage in a broken Evap canister. But no worries - he bungeed it up and out of the way - and we continued on our trip... Kudos to Todd... Log Corral is a pretty tough trail... Looking forward to wheelin with you again.

We ended up getting down to the lake, and then taking the powerline road up to the Sunflower Mine road...

Excellent trip... I will put up some pics this week...
Old 02-14-2011, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Default PHOENIX JK's

Nice! Sounds like an awsome time, I will have to do that trail with you guy's. PICS PICS and more PICS!!!!

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!