Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 01-26-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I'd like to throw this one out there... I've been dying to run the Log Corral trail... I don't want to steal away participants in the Parker trip - but for those of us who would rather wheel closer to home... or can't do the whole weekend... Let's get out... February 12...

Log Corral runs from the Beeline around mile 212 over to Bartlett Lake. I've run it in my TJ on 33s with just a rear trac lock... so that's probably a minimum. Plan to mark up some skid plates, and plan for some heavy pinstriping. The trail is usually pretty overgrown...

I may need some help with a spotter... not sure who my passengers will be yet... I will post this up on the PHX group board as well...
Old 01-26-2011, 06:53 PM
JK Super Freak

WE ARE IN FOR THE PARKER TRIP!!! Will it be kid friendly??? my kids are used to camping and bonfires and the adults drinking just want to see how everybody feels about the kiddos.... does anyone else plan on bringing their kids?? as for the 12th, that run I cannot make. that is the first weekend of baseball practice for my boys and I dont want them to miss their first practice.

I will be camping this weekend also, not for sure on where yet... anyone want to do something?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RockinJK
Ok I'd like to throw this one out there... I've been dying to run the Log Corral trail... I don't want to steal away participants in the Parker trip - but for those of us who would rather wheel closer to home... or can't do the whole weekend... Let's get out... February 12...

Log Corral runs from the Beeline around mile 212 over to Bartlett Lake. I've run it in my TJ on 33s with just a rear trac lock... so that's probably a minimum. Plan to mark up some skid plates, and plan for some heavy pinstriping. The trail is usually pretty overgrown...

I may need some help with a spotter... not sure who my passengers will be yet... I will post this up on the PHX group board as well...
About three weeks ago, me and two buddies did Log Corral in the middle of the week since we were all in town at the same time. Spur of the moment trip, not another soul anywhere on any trail. The trail was pretty clean, but had changed quite a bit from all the serious rains last month. My bud brought out his stock '73 CJ-5 and only went on the strap once due to taking a horrible line. Here's a couple of shots of the day, didn't take too many, we were trying to get in and out before dark
Old 01-26-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

LOOKS LIKE A GREAT RUN I would love to do that one some time!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The run looks like fun. I really like GCM 2's jeep

Casey, I will bring my son out to Parker. He has seen plently of drinking campers so no worries about offending him.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
LOOKS LIKE A GREAT RUN I would love to do that one some time!!!
Originally Posted by remark
The run looks like fun. I really like GCM 2's jeep
The Log Corral run is a fairly short run, not really difficult at all, but the best part is it ends in a really nice cove at the lake. Great place to set up camp or have lunch. There are a couple of ways of getting back out to the Beeline if you don't want to back track and would like to drive what is really just nice mountainous power line roads back out. I think that now is starting to be time the bald eagles nesting may start to close off areas around it, not sure though??? So be careful, it's a HUGE fine as everybody knows.

I hope to get a chance to do a run with you guys if my work/travel schedule allows. Unfortunately, most of my chances at getting some wheeling in is during weekdays while everyone else is working.

Last edited by GCM 2; 01-26-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:33 PM
JK Freak

Default Parker Trip (PARKERPALOOZA)

Kids should be just fine at Parker. (good kids) Any more, it seems most don't drink much anyway. eccept every now and then we have a little too much funand pay dearly for it the next day.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am in for the parker run! I need to trim my fender flares first, any help would be great!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

YOU CAN COME USE MY DREMMEL AND STUFF BUT I AM NOT RESPONIBLE FOR ANY CUTTING!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
YOU CAN COME USE MY DREMMEL AND STUFF BUT I AM NOT RESPONIBLE FOR ANY CUTTING!!!
Thanks! I will let you know when im back My tires are rubbing with the spacers back on.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!