Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 12-22-2010, 02:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RockinJK
So what do you guys have in your rigs for CBs? I've been lookin at the all in one Cobra.. just cause I think it's the easiest to package, and put in the truck. Anyone else have suggestions, with a clean installation? Also - something I can get locally?
On a recomendation I got the Uniden Pro520XL and its a sweet lil radio. Right now my average is 5-10 miles depending on weather conditions. Its exciting to hear what those nasty truckers are saying.... Good luck with what ever you Buy!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Cobra 75. It is fine for trail use. I like that it is all in one so I can take it out of the jeep. The volume is fine. I generally run a line between the radio aux outlet and the cb so the sound comes out the stereo speakers.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Sweet ink Capone, I thought o using my screen name too. Just not too sure what everyone else would think.
Isn't it your Jeep Who cares what others think!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Capone
She's been tagged I went to the shop where Chingon got her Tat, and inked her up.
Attachment 111712

Nice Scooter Dan!!! It's gotta hurt
Looks good Tony... Those guys are cool there...

Yes - it will hurt for a bit...
Old 12-22-2010, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Capone
Isn't it your Jeep Who cares what others think!
Yes if they don't like it then they can go to H@!! IF you like it then it's sweet don't look back !
Old 12-22-2010, 10:43 PM
JK Freak

Default PHOENIX JK's

Nice Tony! As far as radios,I have the $39 Midland it works just fine, small enough to putt away (mine is in the console)out of the dirt, can lock it up and nobody can see it. I ran the mic & cord through emergency brake hole. The best (little) radio I ever had was a Radio Shack (Realistic) That one stayed up with the big ones!

Last edited by Rde2Rok; 12-22-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all of the CB advice... I think i am going to opt for one of the compact ones - and just super velcro it to the rear of the center console when in use.... They are a whole bunch cheaper than the Cobra all in one - and from the reviews you have provided - should work just as well..

On another note - some rain last night eh! Should make wheelin next week a mess. Still looking to get out either on Tuesday or Wednesday... Log Corral, Crackerjack Mine, Sunflower Mine, Coves???
Old 12-23-2010, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Ya I think thats my next mod then...Tatooing the Jeep!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RockinJK
Thanks for all of the CB advice... I think i am going to opt for one of the compact ones - and just super velcro it to the rear of the center console when in use.... They are a whole bunch cheaper than the Cobra all in one - and from the reviews you have provided - should work just as well..

On another note - some rain last night eh! Should make wheelin next week a mess. Still looking to get out either on Tuesday or Wednesday... Log Corral, Crackerjack Mine, Sunflower Mine, Coves???
I would like to try to make this run, just depends on the money situation. I have done Sunflower Mine twice and I am really familiar with it, although this trail is severely changed with rain fall. The other two I have never done and that would be great too!
Old 12-23-2010, 02:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Id like to do some wheelin.... sunday.... tuesday.... not sure what other days im gonna be able to miss at work yet but i will do my best to miss the whole week with the exception of monday.... lets set something up.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!