Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 12-02-2010, 03:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan,
You really need a long arm kit! Its not too expensive. Never wanted to talk too much trash about that Skycrapper lift kit, but since you are.... Always willing to help a brother out spending his own money. Good Luck!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dan I feel for you. But you have to look on the bright side. Your wife is still encouraging you to spend money on the jeep.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Dan,
You really need a long arm kit! Its not too expensive. Never wanted to talk too much trash about that Skycrapper lift kit, but since you are.... Always willing to help a brother out spending his own money. Good Luck!
I'll second that SkyCrapper lift thingy... Mine was also inherited, and what a POS...
Old 12-02-2010, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

TeraFlex
Old 12-02-2010, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey , maybe just add teraflex speed bumps they are narrower then bump stops you have they will allow you to go back to a good caster if you look at my front springs they are alittle curved to . They use a puck on the bottom and shorter up top . check out teraflex video for the bump stop setup..

Last edited by peanut; 12-02-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by peanut
Hey , maybe just add teraflex speed bumps they are narrower then bump stops you have they will allow you to go back to a good caster if you look at my front springs they are alittle curved to . They use a puck on the bottom and shorter up top . check out teraflex video for the bump stop setup..
Hmmm... Good idea - we need to bring my wife over at the M&G and show here how much more comfortable her ride would be if we had them on ours...

But, in the meantime i spent about two hours on the phone today with Teraflex, Ruff Stuff, Rusty's, Currie and WFO discussing Heim and Johnny Joints that would fit my Skycrapper arms... Currrie has Johhny Joints that replace the Skycrapper Heim joints which, are much beefer and stronger... So I orderd the front upper and lowers just to see if they would fix my problem = if they do the next set will be on it's way...

Last edited by AhMyGawd; 12-02-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:23 PM
JK Freak

Default Phoenix JK's

Dan, When I had my track bar replaced with the" new improved" track bar from TeraFlex, That New and Improved thing was the elimination of the HEIM joint() They just dont hold up and don't last. I can tell a HUGE difference now. I get my front end alighnment from All Jacked Up in Surprise. Some don't like his shop, but after wasting money and time trying to get it done properly, I will only have (Dan) at All Jacked Up do my front end. He gets it right everytime. For a resonable price.(he does it old school)

Last edited by Rde2Rok; 12-03-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rde2Rok
Dan, When I had my track bar replaced with the" new improved" track bar from TeraFlex, That New and Improved thing was the elimination of the HIEM joint() They just dont hold up and don't last. I can tell a HUGE difference now. I get my front end alighnment from All Jacked Up in Surprise. Some don't like his shop, but after wasting money and time trying to get it done properly, I will only have (Dan) at All Jacked Up do my front end. He gets it right everytime. For a resonable price.(he does it old school)
Thanks - I will look into the track bar. See you manana!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Default Phoenix JK's

I'm not saying it's your trackbar, But the problems with the HEIM joint itself. I do agree with Robert, Long arm is the way to go if you are going to replace the lift. That also is on my upgrade list.

Last edited by Rde2Rok; 12-03-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Thinking about running out to table mesa sat or sunday mid day if anyone wants to join let me know!!!!

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!