Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 11-28-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RockinJK
Had a good time running Sunflower Mine on Black Friday.... Never done that run before - and really liked it. Navigating was a little tricky, but found our way. Need some help now though... Had a front shock blow up. Looks like it was hit with something HARD that creased the can, and caused the thing to rip apart.. I'd like to replace with something better than what I had... but eventually want to get to 37 too... How much lift is required to run 37s? I currently have a 4" lift with 35s. Are they going to be the same shock/length? Any advice would be appreciated!!
Definatley go with Terraflex. They have outstanding quality and they have one of the most complete kits available. Also they are some really great people...always friendly and willing to answer any questions you have! Highly recomend them to anyone!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Default Phoenix JK's

On a 2dr 4" is enough for 37" tires, I think you need 6" on a 4dr. I have a 3" tera flex w/35" tires and want to go to 37s even with my fenders trimmed I think a 4" lift is needed, (it's going to be real close) If you call the Tera Flex crew they will help you out with the proper specifications.(ask for Joe or Dennis)
Old 11-28-2010, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Phoenix JK

I have a 3" teraflex long arm lift it gave me 5 1/2 " of lift 2 door soft top stock bumpers works great ... TERAFLEX is the way to go .... very strong arms I used 5- 6 longer bilstein shocks so all I have to do is change springs if I want more lift...
Old 11-28-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the help guys... I also have a SkyJacker lift... and wished it was a Tera lift. It was on jeep when I bought it as well - so... I'm stuck with it unless I hit the lottery. Hate the tires I have too... ProComps... I would never own those - but again too expensive just to throw away... So El Chingon... I think we have the same lift - but maybe different springs? I will call SkyJacker tomorrow... Maybe I just need to change the springs...
Old 11-29-2010, 02:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is possible with the springs. As for tires I have BFG KM2's - extremly pleased with the traction and wear... Have you had any bushing problems at the heim joints with your Sky Jacker yet?

You may want to order a full bushing kit just in case... $110 bucks for insurance.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by peanut
I have a 3" teraflex long arm lift it gave me 5 1/2 " of lift 2 door soft top stock bumpers works great ... TERAFLEX is the way to go .... very strong arms I used 5- 6 longer bilstein shocks so all I have to do is change springs if I want more lift...
Bob...your welding is surperb! Nice Jeep looked smooth the whole time I was behind you. You have to be lovin that long arm and speed bumps!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Phoenix JK'ers

Thanks Robert , yes on the way to the cave swaybars hook up 2 wheel drive when we left the cave unhooked swaybar used 4 wheeldrive . It stayed more level coming back out. I was very pleased with the lift and long arms can't wait to get rock sliders built to do some rock crawling with it. And remember I will help you with any welding you need even if its to build or modify new parts. bumpers or axles or what ever . That goes for all the ( Phoenix JK'ers )
Old 11-29-2010, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Now you tell me... I just had Cop 4x4 sleeve and guset mine today. They did a great job though... In addition, they took care of my Bump stop issue.. All is good...

I also picked up a 15lbs Airtank while i was there - Merry Christmas to me!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

what did they do with bump stops ? just cut them down or move them ? just curious or did some thing bend ? did they move axle forward ?

Last edited by peanut; 11-29-2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:24 PM
JK Freak

Default PHOENIX JK's

Originally Posted by AhMyGawd
Now you tell me... I just had Cop 4x4 sleeve and guset mine today. They did a great job though... In addition, they took care of my Bump stop issue.. All is good...

I also picked up a 15lbs Airtank while i was there - Merry Christmas to me!!!
DAN, You can't go shopin early and fixin on that D30 You will hurt santas feelings when (she) shows up with that new D44 w/Tera flex Susp lockers etc.........

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!