Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 11-22-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
good one John! Tony I should have the CB by tomorrow, I am going to pick up the Firestick today, I should be able to install it, just not too sure on how to tune it. Do you think Checkers or auto zone has an SWR meter? Anybody here have one?Thanks
I have a cheap SWR you can borrow. I got it for about 10 bucks at Fry's Electronics.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by remark
I have a cheap SWR you can borrow. I got it for about 10 bucks at Fry's Electronics.
Cool Andrew that would help. Funds are low with buying the CB, Firefly antenna, and coax. I plan on fabbing up a cb antenna bracket tomorrow at work made out of stainless steel. It should work great and be a hell of a lot cheaper than the ones from terra, and cool teck and so on. Maybe we could meet up Friday or even before the trail run.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Flying sure has come a long ways... I'm currently on my way home from Tampa... at 34000 feet, surfing the web, and watching Monday Night football live on satellite. Totally unbelieveable.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RockinJK
Flying sure has come a long ways... I'm currently on my way home from Tampa... at 34000 feet, surfing the web, and watching Monday Night football live on satellite. Totally unbelieveable.
Awesome, how have you and Gina been. Will you be available to make the Bradshaw run this coming saturday?
Old 11-22-2010, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Awesome, how have you and Gina been. Will you be available to make the Bradshaw run this coming saturday?
Gina and I have been great... Bradshaw run looks tough. 7am start in Whitmann and an 8 year old girl are a tough combo... We are talking about getting in 2 "east siiiiide" runs this weekend. Looking at Roger's Trough and Sunflower mine. Going to run on Friday and again on Sunday, but not sure which run on which day. Friend of mine going with me - with some less built rigs, and not sure which day they are involved... All else is good.. Still planning to put together an east side M&G one of these days soon. Will post up when I get a Saturday free...
Old 11-22-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Sounds great...glad to here that you all are doing well. Ya the Bradshaws are a bit of a trek, but there is some cool history out there. Good luck on your runs this weekend and be safe
Old 11-23-2010, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ahh the Great South West. I miss it and will be comming home Shortly. I have been on the East side for some time now several years but With my Job winding down over here in Iraq I will be moving back to Az. I should be back sometime in Late March or begining of April. How sweet it will be back home I have been away for far to long now. I left in 1995 when I joined the Army and when I got out 2002 moved to Nc and Became a contractor for the Army over in Iraq since 05. Now I am tired and ready to come home relax do some wheeling and Meet alot of great people. Looking forward to meeting all you guys and having some fun on the trails.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mutts08JK
Ahh the Great South West. I miss it and will be comming home Shortly. I have been on the East side for some time now several years but With my Job winding down over here in Iraq I will be moving back to Az. I should be back sometime in Late March or begining of April. How sweet it will be back home I have been away for far to long now. I left in 1995 when I joined the Army and when I got out 2002 moved to Nc and Became a contractor for the Army over in Iraq since 05. Now I am tired and ready to come home relax do some wheeling and Meet alot of great people. Looking forward to meeting all you guys and having some fun on the trails.
First round is on me sir! Get back here safe
Old 11-23-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mutts08JK be sure to keep in contact and join the Phoenix Group part of this forum. We would love to have you join us for some runs and m&gs.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

Default PHOENIX JK's

Originally Posted by Mutts08JK
Look forward to meeting you MUTTS! Thank you for all you do!!!

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!