Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Payette draw run payson az 10-8 whos in?????

Old 09-30-2010, 04:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Payette draw run payson az 10-8 whos in?????

WE WILL BE HEADING UP FRIDAY THE 8TH AND CAMPING FOR THE WEEKEND......We will run saturday!!!!!

HERES SOME INFO

I THINK RUSTLER HAS DIRECTIONS.... I HOPE He will be scouting it out on the 2nd or 3rd either way!!!!

Synopsis:
Payette Draw is a beautiful rocky river bed in the forest mountains just north of Payson. The beauty in this trail is in the surrounding forest with its lush greenery. The trail itself is 95% bed rock and can be breathtaking at times.

Difficulty:
According to the rating system I would consider it a 3.5. This trail is only in a rocky river bed, with rock cracks, holes, steep declines and inclines and sharp rock walls. Stacking of rocks might be required on some obstacle but please unstack after the obstacle has been passed!

This is a trail where spotting is crucial, rock rails are required, high clearance, good tires and skids are recommended. Scratches and dings on the undercarriage are to be expected. Locker and A-Trac is recommended but not required.

Length:
From The Maverik Gas Station on the north side of Payson it only takes about 25 minutes to get to the start of the trail. The trail itself (the river bed) can take up to several hours depending on number of vehicles and if there are any problems along the way. I would calculate about 3 hours for 5 vehicles. I would recommend a group of 5 vehicles, no more than 8.

The trail has a bypass road that can be accessed from several points from the river bed. This road will also be the exit way which only takes about 20 minutes or so to get back to the beginning. Along this road you will find camping grounds for this trail.

Some of the biggest 4x4 clubs, teams and companies in AZ and the local Payson area have/are working very hard to keep this trail as 'undisturbed' as possible. Therefore the location of this trail has been asked not to be publicly posted on any web site, forum, search engine and even trail books.

Last edited by CrazyCasey; 09-30-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Dagnabit!!! Cant go - son has football game on Saturday... I was looking forward to a cooler weather trip...
Old 10-01-2010, 07:51 AM
JK Super Freak

IF YOU WANT TO COME UP SUNDAY WE WILL PROBLABY STAY OUT THERE TILL 3ISH.... OR COME UP SAT NIGHT FOR SOME AND WE CAN WHEEL SUNDAY AM!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

The whole PAG crew will be in Pamona Oct 9-10, otherwise at least some of us would be takers. I know one of our buddies got himself some new Rock Doors and it would be a pitty to let nice weather go by without a maiden outting.

Keep planning the fun stuff Casey... we'll be takers once the show season is over.

Yates
Old 10-02-2010, 08:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Will do!!!! Thanks guys
Old 10-04-2010, 10:39 AM
JK Super Freak

if anyone wants to just come up for the day let us know what time and we will be glad to wait for you!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
if anyone wants to just come up for the day let us know what time and we will be glad to wait for you!!!!
I'd love to - but my Daughter has her first Cardinals Jr. Cheer program practice on Saturday... She wouldn't miss that for anything in the world...

I'll be in on the next one!!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

***** CANCELED ******

DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

im not doing this thing by myself!!!!! i will be in florence junction saturday with the T.O.R guys if anyone wants to join me!!!!!

Quick Reply: Payette draw run payson az 10-8 whos in?????