Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

PARKER AZ CAMPIN & WHEELIN (PARKERPALOOZA) FEB 18 thru 21

Old 02-13-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Yates or Steve Can you bring me an OR-Fab windsheild sticker??? wanna replace the one I have. glad to pay for it, silver if you got it black if you dont. If I can get the wife to look the other way I may have you bring me a stinger too..... not sure yet ill let you know!!!

I am READY John save me some room with my truck and trailer i am about 52ft long
Old 02-13-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Casey, your Jeep would love you even more if you got an OR-Fab stinger bumper...seriously Love you more
Old 02-13-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking my jeep over to make sure it was ready for next weekend. I decided to check some dealer's work on my control arms. (I thought I was paranoid after John lost a bolt on his a few trips back). The idiot dealer moved one of the lower front arms 1/2 turn off from how it is suppose to sit. I get that they were adjusting the length, but I have their alignment print out and I can tell 1/2 turn would still would not have messed up the alignment. Now I am stuck with doing it myself (not a hard job) and dealing with the toe possibly being off or bringing it back to the dealer to do it right. Either way it pisses me off and is a waste of my time.

Oh and the torque on the bolts was way off.

The first pic is my driver's side/left that is correct and the other two are of the passenger side/right. And no it cannot just be turned a little bit. The bolt needs to come out and turn the whole joint. Oh yeah and you are supposed to detach both sides at the same time to adjust them so you do tweak the axle housing... how weak are these housings?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110213_175434.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	127101   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110213_174833.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	127102   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110213_175340.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	127103  
Old 02-13-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by remark
I was looking my jeep over to make sure it was ready for next weekend. I decided to check some dealer's work on my control arms. (I thought I was paranoid after John lost a bolt on his a few trips back). The idiot dealer moved one of the lower front arms 1/2 turn off from how it is suppose to sit. I get that they were adjusting the length, but I have their alignment print out and I can tell 1/2 turn would still would not have messed up the alignment. Now I am stuck with doing it myself (not a hard job) and dealing with the toe possibly being off or bringing it back to the dealer to do it right. Either way it pisses me off and is a waste of my time.

Oh and the torque on the bolts was way off.

The first pic is my driver's side/left that is correct and the other two are of the passenger side/right. And no it cannot just be turned a little bit. The bolt needs to come out and turn the whole joint. Oh yeah and you are supposed to detach both sides at the same time to adjust them so you do tweak the axle housing... how weak are these housings?
Hey bud, let me know if you need help. Have a great friend thats an awesome mechanic! Trust me. Call me if you are interested....
Old 02-13-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Hey bud, let me know if you need help. Have a great friend thats an awesome mechanic! Trust me. Call me if you are interested....
Thanks for the offer, but it is only a 30 minute job if I do it. It is just a PITA. But I think I am going to hassle the dealer that I paid.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by remark
Thanks for the offer, but it is only a 30 minute job if I do it. It is just a PITA. But I think I am going to hassle the dealer that I paid.
I would . that can break the joint or bolt in full flex let them have it
Old 02-13-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
Hey Yates or Steve Can you bring me an OR-Fab windsheild sticker??? wanna replace the one I have. glad to pay for it, silver if you got it black if you dont. If I can get the wife to look the other way I may have you bring me a stinger too..... not sure yet ill let you know!!!

I am READY John save me some room with my truck and trailer i am about 52ft long
X2 for the sticker!
Old 02-13-2011, 08:43 PM
JK Freak

Default Parker Trip (PARKERPALOOZA)

OK Guy's, I will get to the campground on Wed. I will make some arangements with the host and grab up a big section for all of us.It would be helpful if you all could let me know how many are coming for sure(how many spots) and if your in a tent or an RV. Just post up, I will be watching this thread. Also on Wed I will give exact directions into the campground. If you need to talk to me then PM me with your # and I will call you back. LETS ROCK!!! Remember the fee is $15 per night per spot.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:47 PM
JK Super Freak

I will be coming up Friday afternoon. Just my son and I. We will be tent camping. I will likely be leaving Sunday afternoon (work for me).
Old 02-14-2011, 07:12 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey

Originally Posted by spanishgoose
X2 for the sticker!
We've got you guys covered on the windshield stickers/banners (except they are white vinyl... that holds up better in the AZ sun). I got with Steve about the driveshafts so he's bringing two fronts and one rear for two door JKs. And I'm jealous as hell that I'll not be there.

Yates

Quick Reply: PARKER AZ CAMPIN & WHEELIN (PARKERPALOOZA) FEB 18 thru 21