Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Ouray CO. July 4th 2011 Whos gonna be there?

Old 05-25-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's "the" link for current and historical opening dates: http://www.bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm

Will be watching the snow melt…
Old 05-25-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by joe002
Here's "the" link for current and historical opening dates: hxxp://www.bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm

Will be watching the snow melt…
I've been watching the same site but much of the trails in the Ouray area have no data posted as yet
Old 05-25-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by interceptor_1972
I've been watching the same site but much of the trails in the Ouray area have no data posted as yet
Yeah - there may be more posts from wheeling this weekend.

When there isn't any current info I like to look at the previous years to see when the trails historically opened.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by joe002
Yeah - there may be more posts from wheeling this weekend.

When there isn't any current info I like to look at the previous years to see when the trails historically opened.
Very possible. I remember when we were in Colorado last July, between the 10th - 21st, and other than Medano Pass being down from wildfires and Hancock pass being down from being washed out, all the other passes were open, including Black Bear Pass. So, as long as there isn't overly severe weather, most of the trails should be open by July. I'll keep my eyes open to see if any further updates are posted - still got a month to go - darn if July seems to be taking its time getting here!!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Less than a month before take off time. Snow starting to melt, but will it be enough for the 4th of July.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:51 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Hammerman
Less than a month before take off time. Snow starting to melt, but will it be enough for the 4th of July.
I was about to say the same thing. Less than a month and counting. This is going to be the longest month of the year just coz we're waiting on July!

When you guys do make it out there, someone update the trail status . We should be pulling into Ouray on the morning of the 7th.

EDIT for no 76th day in July

Last edited by interceptor_1972; 06-08-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in nearby Montrose, CO. The 30 minute drive would be well worth it for a meet & greet!!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:10 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wyodirt
I'm pretty sure there are only 31 days in July .
There are times I wish it was more - especially when I'm on the trails in Colorado

Originally Posted by camo_deerslayer
I live in nearby Montrose, CO. The 30 minute drive would be well worth it for a meet & greet!!
Dang! You have no idea just how much I envy you!!! That'd be my dream place to settle down or retire in some day . Absolutely gorgeous place and a short drive from trail heaven!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

May be going sooner than later This Texas heat is wrong ..seriously needing some mountain air! Not sure if any of you fellow jeepers are interested or not but we have one of the Alpenglow condos there in Ouray and we rent it out. It is already booked for the 4th but if anyone is interested in renting anytime send me a message. Is anyone going to be there in June?
Old 06-08-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Lake Bum
May be going sooner than later This Texas heat is wrong ..seriously needing some mountain air! Not sure if any of you fellow jeepers are interested or not but we have one of the Alpenglow condos there in Ouray and we rent it out. It is already booked for the 4th but if anyone is interested in renting anytime send me a message. Is anyone going to be there in June?
What's the rent? We will be in Ouray from the 7th through the 10th or 11th. Plans right now are either KOA or camp on the trails. May consider this if it's not too spendy

Quick Reply: Ouray CO. July 4th 2011 Whos gonna be there?