Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Ouray CO. July 4th 2011 Whos gonna be there?

Old 04-19-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Love Monkey
I am off July 6-9 and don't work till 6p on the 10th. I might have to keep this in mind...Except Casey...I won't be pulling a Spanish Goose with my rig
Not too far for you . You should try to make it!!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by interceptor_1972
Not too far for you . You should try to make it!!
To meet my Okie family, I might have to! We shall see Unless I get a Hawaii hook up
Old 04-20-2011, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

My reservations at the Ouray KOA are from July 2 thru the 9th... The 4th in Ouray is fantastic... Just hope the snow is mostly melted off the "fun" trails!!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RockinJK
My reservations at the Ouray KOA are from July 2 thru the 9th... The 4th in Ouray is fantastic... Just hope the snow is mostly melted off the "fun" trails!!
Looks like we'll see you at the Ouray KOA on the 7th. I haven't made my reservations for Ouray yet. Do you have a tent spot reserved or a Kabin?
Old 04-22-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wouldn't miss it. This will be our third annual fourth of july trip to Ouray. Absolutely love that area. We camp up towards Immogene Pass. Hope it's a little less rainy this year. It'd be fun to do a run with some fellow JKrs. Poughkeepsie Gulch is always fun, I'd be up for anything. Let me know...

Old 04-22-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like we'll see you at the Ouray KOA on the 7th. I haven't made my reservations for Ouray yet. Do you have a tent spot reserved or a Kabin?
I'm in a tent spot... #52 to be exact... That part of the campground back there from the 49s thru 50somethings are my favorite...
Old 04-22-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm in a tent spot... #52 to be exact... That part of the campground back there from the 49s thru 50somethings are my favorite...
I have 2 rv spots reserved but I don't remember what numbers toward the back though. Im not sure if we will need them so i may have an extra if someone needs it. Im just waiting for my neighbor to decide if he is going or not
Old 04-22-2011, 01:48 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by nmwranglerx
...We camp up towards Immogene Pass. Hope it's a little less rainy this year. It'd be fun to do a run with some fellow JKrs. Poughkeepsie Gulch is always fun...
Sweet!! Sounds like a plan. Where exactly towards Imogene Pass do you camp at? I'm still undecided on where to camp - camping out away from civilization is great when you have a small group; on the same note, the conveniences and amenities of the Koa are appealing as well. And this time, I'm coming prepared with a decent camera - need to get me another SD card and a spare battery for the Canon T2i .

I remember seeing the tent spots in the back of the campground - was pretty shaded and looked nice. I don't recall the exact number, but it was the ones right up front as you go into the Kampground, to the left, right beside the lake - in between the Kabins and the lake is where we were at last year. Got to see some deer in the evenings.

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
I have 2 rv spots reserved but I don't remember what numbers toward the back though. Im not sure if we will need them so i may have an extra if someone needs it. Im just waiting for my neighbor to decide if he is going or not
We'll be in a tent, but hopefully your neighbor joins you - the more, the merrier
Old 04-24-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet!! Sounds like a plan. Where exactly towards Imogene Pass do you camp at? I'm still undecided on where to camp - camping out away from civilization is great when you have a small group; on the same note, the conveniences and amenities of the Koa are appealing as well.
In the past few years we have camped out about six miles SW from Ouray up Camp Bird Rd. It's basically the spot where the trail to Imogene Pass begins. We too were thinking about changing it up this year and staying in KOA for the same reasons you listed but I just checked their website and they are fully booked. Looks like we'll be roughing it again (okay with me, a little less comfy for the wife though). There are numerous other areas for tent camping but it's mostly first come, first serve. I'm gonna try and get up their on the 2nd maybe to try and secure a spot.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

OK my plan is to leave late on the 30th and drive a few hours before resting so that we can arrive on the first early in the afternoon. not sure if we will stay past the 5th but gonna try to stay till the 7th. If anyone from the phoenix area that wants to convoy up just let me know.

Quick Reply: Ouray CO. July 4th 2011 Whos gonna be there?