Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Moving some where around 4 corners area, how should I set it up

Old 12-09-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving some where around 4 corners area, how should I set it up

Hoping you guys can shed some light on MY 2 dr JK setup for the move out there from the east.

We wheel loose rock, rock walls, mud, forest and fire trails here in Virginia. Next year I plan to move somewhere around Colorado, Arizona, Utah area. What type of tire and suspension setups are recommended for your terrain? What trail items do you all carry on a regular basis? Any other info welcome also.

I currently run 33's Nitto's TG on 17's, rubi rails w/rico steps, budget boost, relocated evap, heavy duty oil pan, warn winch and hi-lift. Also have the standard cables and tow straps etc...
Old 12-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GON WHLN
Hoping you guys can shed some light on MY 2 dr JK setup for the move out there from the east.

We wheel loose rock, rock walls, mud, forest and fire trails here in Virginia. Next year I plan to move somewhere around Colorado, Arizona, Utah area. What type of tire and suspension setups are recommended for your terrain? What trail items do you all carry on a regular basis? Any other info welcome also.

I currently run 33's Nitto's TG on 17's, rubi rails w/rico steps, budget boost, relocated evap, heavy duty oil pan, warn winch and hi-lift. Also have the standard cables and tow straps etc...
Move to Utah, Land of Moab and home to TeraFlex and stop by and pay us a visit. I would suggest a 2.5" coil kit and some 35" MTR kevlars.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:27 PM
JK Super Freak

There is a lot of similar terrain here too. And then there is a lot of sandy washes and some hard packed stuff. I think your set up will work just fine, but a coil lift will give you some reallygreat results too, and TerreFlex is the way to go. Good luck, and feel free to PM me anytime. Good luck and God bless!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Carry water.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:58 AM
JK Freak

Thx guys.... still taking info.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Also extra lighting, it gets really dark out there. Fortunatley most of the guy I wheel with have awesome night today lights
Old 12-10-2010, 04:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Also extra lighting, it gets really dark out there. Fortunatley most of the guy I wheel with have awesome night today lights
at the moment (without the roofrack I want) i am running hella's on the bumper and windshield, plus upgraded fogs and headlights. Thinking of doing a backup flood after the new rear bumper.

Do most of you all run hardtops out there?
Old 12-10-2010, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

x2 on Teraflex comments. There is as much exploring as you want to do out here. Even though there is very accessible wheeling, it is possible that you may do a lot of dirt road driving and possibly at speeds. You can spend as many days or as few hours as you want exploring.

Enjoy!!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	head liners.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	108621I have both tops, plan on using the soft top next spring. So far I havn't had the hard top off only thing I didn't like about it is the interior roof gets so hot in summer that I couldn't put my hand on it, so had to make up some head liners that work great!

Last edited by Jkwheelin; 12-10-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I think most of the guys have hardtops. But the softtops are so much nicer on the trail. You can put them up or down depending on the weather, they don't loosen up with the flexing of the jeep and you don't crush them on tight trails. Also the hardtop lets in as much heat in the summer as cold in the winter. I have mine insulated and it helps a lot.

Quick Reply: Moving some where around 4 corners area, how should I set it up