Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Moab Thanksgiving? Anyone?

Old 11-10-2010, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spleify
Glad to hear, this should be great!

I hope the weather holds out and remains clear. Getting up and over the hill could prove to be interesting as well.
Yes it will, we have had snow this evening in the valley so there will be plenty up higher. I hope it melts off quick, rocks get slippery & can be a bit hairy when there's a 300 ft' drop down both sides
Old 11-11-2010, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jkwheelin
Yes it will, we have had snow this evening in the valley so there will be plenty up higher. I hope it melts off quick, rocks get slippery & can be a bit hairy when there's a 300 ft' drop down both sides
Ummm yea a 300ft slippery drop does not sound fun...

However, I am still super excited about this!!
Old 11-11-2010, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Oh 300 ft is nothing, we are not gonna be close to any ledges where we should worry....

We have one or two pucker hills in Colorado here too.

This should be a great time, can't wait!
Old 11-14-2010, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Do you all plan on doing something on Sunday? We are staying in Moab from Sat. afternoon till Monday morning on our way to a lot of other places south.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jonster
Do you all plan on doing something on Sunday? We are staying in Moab from Sat. afternoon till Monday morning on our way to a lot of other places south.
I Plan on leaving out early on Sun. Morning to try and beat the ski traffic

Maybe we could meet up on Saturday at some point?
Old 11-15-2010, 04:06 AM
JK Freak

Yeah we will be leaving early Sunday also, but like scooter said maybe we could hooh up Saturday
Old 11-15-2010, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is anyone going to be here on the 25th' Thanksgiving day? if so I know where we can get a good buffet meal but we have to book so I need some numbers. It is a bit expensive, $26.95 per adult & under 10 yo $14.95. But will be very good food. If anyone is interested in doing a trail & then having the meal, please let me know soon as they will fill up fast.
I don't care one way or another, just wanted to let you know it's available & I am happy to organise it
Old 11-15-2010, 02:40 PM
JK Freak

Hey thanks jkwheelin. We will have to talk this week and see what time we will be in. I know the wife and I were hoping for a nice Thanksgiving dinner, and I know scooter mentioned something about someplace out there. We will let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks
Old 11-15-2010, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

No problem! there is also the Sunset Grill & they have food to die for, it is a little less expensive, but I guess with drinks it may be close to the same cost.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jkwheelin
Is anyone going to be here on the 25th' Thanksgiving day? if so I know where we can get a good buffet meal but we have to book so I need some numbers. It is a bit expensive, $26.95 per adult & under 10 yo $14.95. But will be very good food. If anyone is interested in doing a trail & then having the meal, please let me know soon as they will fill up fast.
I don't care one way or another, just wanted to let you know it's available & I am happy to organise it
Very nice of you to offer up suggestions/organise for Thanksgiving Day dinner

We should be arriving early afternoon on the 25th and I am more than up for a quick trail run and a belly full of good food as long as everyone else is up for the same

Where is the buffet being served up?

No problem! there is also the Sunset Grill & they have food to die for, it is a little less expensive, but I guess with drinks it may be close to the same cost.
I totally agree the "Sunset Grill" is very nice with great food and atmosphere

Thanks again,
Scooter

Last edited by Scooter09JK; 11-15-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Moab Thanksgiving? Anyone?