Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Moab Oct. 10 -11 TeraFlex run!!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Moab Oct.15-16 TeraFlex run!!

Moab Trail Run
This is the last big trail run for the year. We usually have a great turn out, and a fun trip.

When
Oct 15-16. Some stay Sunday and hit a quick morning trail, before heading home. For those wanting to caravan down, we will leave Teraflex Friday morning at 6:30 to beat the traffic. That should put us in Moab early enough to get a good warm up trail in. If the group wants to, we will also do a night run Friday.
We will use the Portal RV Campground entrance for our staging area. Friday we will meet at 11:30 and hit the trail at high noon.
Saturday we will stage up at 8:30 and hit the trail by 9AM.

Where
Hellooo, we are going to Moab. Friday we will hit a half day trail, something like the spider or Hells Revenge, whatever we feel like, cause that's how we roll. Saturday I'd kinda like to run Mashed potatoes and the pickle for a change, but we are always open for suggestions. Depending on the group size and nature of the rigs, we can make adjustments.

None of the trails mentioned would require a whole lot of mods on the Jeep to run. As always, a lift, larger tires, and lockers will help, but you should be fine with about any Jeep,(assuming you're willing the drag bottom once in a while). All of the trails we will do are JK friendly, no body damage,( unless you really screw up), but still challenging. Mashed potatoes is a trail with some sand washes, slick rock, optional hot tubs, and a lot of up and down. Its probably only rated a 5. The pickle is a little harder but real short, kind of an optional side run to the trail. We have taken JK's through it with no issues, but its be careful time through a couple of squeezes.

Last edited by TeraFlex; 09-13-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Soo someone gave me the wrong dates. Watch for a update soon.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

October 15-16 now, sorry.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
The pickle is a little harder but real short, kind of an optional side run to the trail. We have taken JK's through it with no issues, but its be careful time through a couple of squeezes.
yes a bit tight and this is what happens when you're being dumb through one. totally my error!! pickle is really fun though.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was already planning on being down there for UEA. Glad to know there will be some JK's down there...FYI last week there were only a few motel rooms left since most of Utah does not have school. I'd love to do Hells Revenge...I'm kind of poison spidered out.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Now that makes alot more sense. Trying to make plans to go. Hopefully it all works out.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Default Phoenix JK's

Hey guys, I've never done Moab and would love to do this run with you guys. I've heard there is a fee for doing this run. Is this true or does that just apply to the Easter run? I'll be coming up from Phoenix so any other information you can give me would help. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

99.9% sure there are no fees. It will be a fairly busy weekend in Moab and should be a ton of fun!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

Yep, there is a fee!

$5 to get into Hells Revenge....
Old 09-26-2010, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Default Phoenix JK's

We're In !! We'll see you there Friday at the campground. Can't wait, It will be a blast. Trying to get a few more Phoenix JKs to join in and make the trip.

Quick Reply: Moab Oct. 10 -11 TeraFlex run!!