Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Kofa

Old 12-01-2010, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kofa

Thinking of exploring the KOFA wilderness area around X-Mas. Any input, woud be great ! Camping spots ? Dangers ? We will probably be alone and we have not entered the area before. Thanks for any help or actually company the week after X-Mas.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:37 PM
JK Freak

Default Phoenix JK's

Where is the KOFA wilderness exactly? It seems that Iv'e seen sighns for that area before.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

South of quartzsite , az..
Old 12-06-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've always wanted to explore around there as well... Raced the Parker 400 in 1999... and was able to see the Goat trail, Osborne Wash, Bouse, Midway... and all the rest. Passed thru the ghost town up thata way - but don't remember the name... Cool area - certainly lots to see and explore!!! I may be able to get away - keep me posted on your plans!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kofa is "king of Az" It is named after an old mine. The military range is around that area. I have only been to the artillery test range area and none of the trails. The Arizona Trails central region book has some outlines of trails in the area.

Quick Reply: Kofa