Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

It's time for the RUG ROAD

Old 10-13-2010, 10:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm camping as well...
Old 10-13-2010, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rubicondevil07
Read first post in this thread. I know have to explain everything to you army guys.
The first post simply states Catalina, I know im young and in the Army, but Im pretty sure that Catalina is bigger than a single parking lot.... Then later in post 17 it simply states the Valero station. After utilizing all my skills with google search, i was able to narrow the location down to 3 valero stations in the vicinity of Catalina. Now the question is which one. Orange Grove, Sunrise or Thornydale location?

I never claimed to be in the intelligence branch, I just watch aerial video footage all day and pick out the bad guys
Old 10-13-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Well I guess most of us just know which Valero in Catalina. There is one one in town.. I'm not to sure on the address but it will the the first Valero on the Right when you get to Catalina. There are two gas stations there on a major corner. The Valero is the one with the big Sign says "Valero" I guess, I don't remeber what it says, just know where it is.

Ok so: Tucson guys and gals
Meet: at the Valero Gas Station in Catalina
Date: Saturday, Octobre 23rd, 2010
Time: 8:15am just cuz it splits the other times and I have a long way to go.

I don't think there are any Phoenix guys coming but just in case.

Phoenix guys:
Meet:Circle K South East side on Mamoth on the main highway.
Time: 9:15- 9:30 am

Again several options for the camping.

Parsons Grove:
Pros: Trees, wood, maybe stream, maybe greenish.
Cons: Maybe a bit early on in the trip, Mosquitos cuz of the grass and water.

Wire Coral:
Pros: Up on mesa good views, flat rocks, wood? no of less mosquitos.
Cons: Hard flat rocks (I have air mattress)

Area past Wire Coral:
Just have to play it by eat.

Turkey Creek:
Pros: Lovely area, big beautiful trees all around nice narrow deep canyon, luch grasses all around, cliff dwelling to look at, pleanty of nice andy spots to set up camp. When you get drunk and fall over, its sandy so you won't get hurt. Oh and pleanty of wood and water in creek
Cons: The biggest bunch of MOSQUITOS I have ever seen in Southern AZ.!

Well, there you have it. Fill up in either Catalina or Mammoth. I might just do both, just cuz.

Any Questions comments thoughts???? Just to let you know, I have never camped this trail before. It's just a tad to far and long to make a relaxed day out of it. I might have a fire opal mine to check out on the return trip. Depends on if I get it maped out and it's not too far off road.....

Last edited by randyd; 10-13-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

The Valero is 15240 N Oracle Rd. Its on the NE corner of Golder Ranch and Oracle.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rubicondevil07
You have a jeep. who cares about a little pinstriping.

I will get some of those duraflame fake log things in case there is no wood and I will bring the fire.

Good on the fake logs....

I don't care at all about the pinstriping.. its how far away the mine might be and time avaliable....

So it looks like its going to be fun!!!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

SORRY RANDY BUT JIMMY AND I WILL HAVE TO SIT THIS ONE OUT,JIMMY'S BUSHINGS ARE SHOT.HE IS ON THE SIDELINES FOR A FEW WEEKS TILL HE CAN WORK SOME O/T TO PAY FOR REPAIRS.

DENISE
Old 10-14-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RockWraith
SORRY RANDY BUT JIMMY AND I WILL HAVE TO SIT THIS ONE OUT,JIMMY'S BUSHINGS ARE SHOT.HE IS ON THE SIDELINES FOR A FEW WEEKS TILL HE CAN WORK SOME O/T TO PAY FOR REPAIRS.

DENISE
GEE too bad... And I delyaed this trip just for you... Oh well, next time, hope his bushing feel better soon.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Kittycon is ready I'm sure..... always fun to take a nice pretty jeep out and get it dirty
Old 10-15-2010, 06:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Yes, It's true... The Bushings are completly gone! Just means it had alot of fun in Florence. I really want to take the KittyCon but really need concentrate on finances and get my rig back on the road. So as much as I would love to go I will be staying in Tucson ., Working
Old 10-15-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RockWraith
Yes, It's true... The Bushings are completly gone! Just means it had alot of fun in Florence. I really want to take the KittyCon but really need concentrate on finances and get my rig back on the road. So as much as I would love to go I will be staying in Tucson ., Working
What about a ride along spot. Wont cost ya anything but some beer, maybe even let you drive, see how ya do without lockers.....just have to remember it IS my daily driver

Quick Reply: It's time for the RUG ROAD