Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Four corners Calendar?

Old 03-12-2008, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four corners Calendar?

Now I noticed this in the SoCal forum (sorry lived there for a while and the force (air) might be bringing us back some day) and I came across their sticky that said 'calendar'. Now this link sent me to what looked like the calendar for the entire forum. Is that correct, or is that calandar SoCal's only? Point is, shouldn't we have our own, or be filling that thing up? I mean we can have every other weekend full of runs, yeah- or at least once a month?

sticky thread

calendar link
Old 03-12-2008, 08:43 PM
JK Junkie

Go into the calendar, scroll down to Calendar Jump and you can select any of the areas. So in short, yes we have a calendar, yes it should be a sticky and yes we should be using it.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:44 PM
JK Super Freak

That's actually my bad. We do have a calendar. What's odd is that I swore that I'd posted a thread about it, but I don't see one now, so I must have just imagined it.

I will add that to the stickies list tonight. Thanks for pointing that out Octane!

I've actually been slacking a little lately. My wife and I are going to be moving soon and both of us are working on the job thing as well as housing. I have to admit, I've been on the forum everyday, but slacking on my duties.

Besides.... They have 3 area leaders plus WOL and WOLETTE. (I have to take my shots where I can get them. )
Old 03-12-2008, 08:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by utahgoose
That's actually my bad. We do have a calendar. What's odd is that I swore that I'd posted a thread about it, but I don't see one now, so I must have just imagined it.

Besides.... They have 3 area leaders plus WOL and WOLETTE. (I have to take my shots where I can get them. )
Imagined it, riiiiiight

What is up with them having so many Area Leaders? I personally think we should have one for each state. At least someone to get runs organized. We all talk, but we have yet to do one (I'm as guilty of this as anyone). Seems like the So Cal group is out almost every weekend. Of course there's an advantage to living close to one another,like they do.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Calendar sticky up.

Sent you a PM Scouter4life.

Edit: I went through my files on my computer, and I'd started drafting a page explaining the calendar, among other things. I just never got around to posting it.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:05 PM
JK Junkie

Thanks Toad for the boost in our numbers

Sorry, every other weekend, got it.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by toad
Ca is a big state OK....So Cal is a big state And we go out every OTHER weekend :toung:
You guys wouldn't want to go out every weekend because you'd have to pull those big pimpin' chrome dubs ya'll roll in So Cal and swap them for the mud wheels too often.

Originally Posted by toad
SLACKER!

Hey now... Don't forget, you're in MY house now. I can edit your ass!
Old 03-13-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by utahgoose

I will add that to the stickies list tonight. Thanks for pointing that out Octane!

I've actually been slacking a little lately. My wife and I are going to be moving soon and both of us are working on the job thing as well as housing. I have to admit, I've been on the forum everyday, but slacking on my duties.

Ah, that sucks. Being my wife is in the military, I know exactly that situation. Well, I think you and scouter have a good idea about an area leader for each state, but at the very least it is up to all of us to get some word out. There are lots of JK's in the Springs. I wouldn't mind passing out JK-Forum business cards on windows each time I see one. Heck, I ran into one guy and we talked for almost an hour at a gas station. I told him about the site, not sure if he ever made it on. A business card would do the trick though!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Octane
Ah, that sucks. Being my wife is in the military, I know exactly that situation. Well, I think you and scouter have a good idea about an area leader for each state, but at the very least it is up to all of us to get some word out. There are lots of JK's in the Springs. I wouldn't mind passing out JK-Forum business cards on windows each time I see one. Heck, I ran into one guy and we talked for almost an hour at a gas station. I told him about the site, not sure if he ever made it on. A business card would do the trick though!
Yeah, this most recent move is for her internship, and our move to the Salt Lake Area was so she could go to school. She's getting tired of dragging me around where ever she needs to go. I pretty much told her from the start that I don't care as long as we stay in the Four Corners area.
The extra help would be nice. The site isn't busy enough with us Four Corners guys to need the help, but our population areas are so far away, that's it's a bit tough for me to help organize a run in Phoenix, when I live 12 hours away. We'll see what happens. There are a few irons in the fire on this one.
We kicked around the business card idea a while ago. I'll check with WOL and see what he thinks about it. I've picked up packs of do it yourself business cards in the past, so something like that may work.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Ask and you shall receive

I asked WOL about the business card idea. They actually already had something drafted up. This is a generic type deal, but they are working up more specific ideas that we can put local areas on as well as user names (if you want) He won't have those done until after Jeep Safari.

He's going to post this image up as a PDF file that can be transferred in to Microsoft Publisher, or Appleworks and can be printed off onto pre perforated blank business card sheets. They are pretty cheap at staples. Once the PDF is avail, I'll get a link to it posted.

Quick Reply: Four corners Calendar?