Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Forest Lake Camping-Utah

Old 08-11-2011, 08:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Forest Lake Camping-Utah

My wife and myself were thinking about going up to forest lake to go camping on the 19th for the weekend and was wondering if anyone else would be interested? The trail is finally open. We went up there tonight. the trail is pretty beat up and fun and the lake is quit large right now. it's pretty neat. We can spend the day just hanging out at the lake or go explore more of the canyon. If this is something that you'd like to go do, let me know and we'll go do it. it would be fun.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

That sounds like fun. I don't think I can camp with you. But I would like to show up on Saturday if you would still be around. What are your plans?
Old 08-16-2011, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by YOUKNOW
That sounds like fun. I don't think I can camp with you. But I would like to show up on Saturday if you would still be around. What are your plans?
I don't know if we are still going, cause right now it doesn't seem lime any wants to join.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to go camping... but I'm still recouping from the Mary Ellen Gulch trail. It almost handed me my own ass. Until I get some better suspension, I'm gonna skip the tough trails.

I would like to try out my trailer too, so a tough trail wouldn't work.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you want to make a morning run? Say to either Mineral basin or Forest Lake, or both? Let me know. I would be up for good times. I'll bring the chips and salsa as weil for a snack!

And I can't go camping, my wife is due in a few weeks, so I wouldn't want to be gone overnight.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xerofall
I want to go camping... but I'm still recouping from the Mary Ellen Gulch trail. It almost handed me my own ass. Until I get some better suspension, I'm gonna skip the tough trails.

I would like to try out my trailer too, so a tough trail wouldn't work.
MEG a tough trail?! :confused:

It's probably the easiest of the 3, Forest Lake and Mineral Basin being the other 2. How about hitting the "Take Back Utah" rally that morning and then a trail afterwards?

*edit
Might I recommend the TF 6" LA system for a suspension and I'll pull your trailer for ya.

Last edited by scrogg; 08-16-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, Mary Ellen Gulch was rough for me. Remember I'm pretty much bone stock with the suspension. Plus it was a pretty rough winter. That type of trail running just isn't my cup o' tea. The second trail we went on after Mary Ellen was brutal.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xerofall
Yeah, Mary Ellen Gulch was rough for me. Remember I'm pretty much bone stock with the suspension. Plus it was a pretty rough winter. That type of trail running just isn't my cup o' tea. The second trail we went on after Mary Ellen was brutal.
What trail did ya do after? Up to the back side of Snow Bird which would Mineral Basin. That one does get brutal..., or fun depending on how you look at it.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread GutlessPhred, but since your not gonna go camping anyway...
Old 08-16-2011, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

GutlessPhred,

are you up for a run or what. I want to make a morning out of it. Let me know what you have in mind.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scrogg
What trail did ya do after? Up to the back side of Snow Bird which would Mineral Basin. That one does get brutal..., or fun depending on how you look at it.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread GutlessPhred, but since your not gonna go camping anyway...
We went from Cascade Springs to Deer Creek Dam. That was pretty fun. Xero, I think your ride would have been a bit better if you ended up airing down. That really seems to help out.

Originally Posted by YOUKNOW
GutlessPhred,

are you up for a run or what. I want to make a morning out of it. Let me know what you have in mind.
I don't know. This is our last weekend before the wife and i start up with school. We want to go somewhere, but don't no where. I liked the idea about camping if someone(s) wanted to join. I'll let ya know.

Maybe if folks want, we could go up friday night and cook dinner and hangout for a bit and then come back down.

Quick Reply: Forest Lake Camping-Utah