Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Crown king sat 6-26

Old 06-23-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got a seat open...the wife has to work now on Sat. Hopefully will be filled by then.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Default Crown king

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Just got a seat open...the wife has to work now on Sat. Hopefully will be filled by then.
Brenda is bummed ....
Old 06-23-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ill be there and bringing a friend with a stock unlimited, should be OK to run it with the bypasses right?

Also, wouldnt mind hookin up with one of you in the surprise area to make the drive up, never been there before!
Old 06-23-2010, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

Default Crown king

Hey Mike, Went last year and stock jeep's made it just fine on the bypasses. Havn't been this year yet, they say it got tore up from the spring rains ,but I was told that a stock jeep can still do it. So we will see !
Old 06-24-2010, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Working...

Just found out I will be working on Saturday

I was just up there last weekend and a stock "should" be able to make it without too much difficulty. there are some areas where a strap may be needed. there is no bypass for these areas. I can really only think of 3, one is right after a water crossing (dry now) that will X-up the suspension pretty good. another is about 3/4 of the way there is a stair step in the middle of the trail, and another after a small ravine dry crossing that has a rock and step. nothing a little tug won't get it over though. A stock Rubicon can negotiate the entire trail including the difficult optional passes. for most optional passes a minimum of a rear locker is highly recommended and a slight lift. My rock rails and gas tank skid have been scared by parts of the trail.

I hope you all have a great trip. with some luck I will be able to join the next one.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mmacJK
Ill be there and bringing a friend with a stock unlimited, should be OK to run it with the bypasses right?

Also, wouldnt mind hookin up with one of you in the surprise area to make the drive up, never been there before!
You can roll up there with me if you like.... Just PM me if you want too.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

Default Crown king

Too bad KNOTADDICTED, We'll look forward to next time. Alright guy's, this time tomorrow we'll be doin it. Hope to see a good turn out,and meet some new people. It will be a great time, can't wait !
Old 06-25-2010, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rde2Rok
Too bad KNOTADDICTED, We'll look forward to next time. Alright guy's, this time tomorrow we'll be doin it. Hope to see a good turn out,and meet some new people. It will be a great time, can't wait !
Awe yes....soon, very soon!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:51 PM
JK Super Freak

So how many of us will there be...I know of three of my friends who have said that they are going.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be there at 7am

Quick Reply: Crown king sat 6-26