Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Best prices on tires (Phoenix area/internet)?

Old 01-26-2011, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best prices on tires (Phoenix area/internet)?

Hello all,

Well, after almost a year of owning my 2010 JKU Sport, I am finally getting a lift and upgrading my tires and wheels. I have been an avid reader on this site for awhile now and am impressed by how everyone goes out of their way to help out and offer great suggestions.

I have decided on the lift (Teraflex 2.5" coil lift w/ shocks) and I already have the wheels (Black Rock Viper 900). I like the look of both and more importantly, they fit the budget!

I have narrowed down my tire choices to Goodyear Duratracs in 315/70/17 or BFG KM2s in 35x12.50x17. The Duratracs tend to run a little cheaper and have great reviews, but I like the look of the KM2s a little more. This is my daily driver and will only see light to moderate trails.

I have checked around the Phoenix area tire shops for the best deal, as well as searching the internet. It seems like tirerack.com has the best prices (I can get the Duratracs for $1054.10 shipped to my door), but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on other Phoenix area places or internet sites to check out.

Thanks again in advance.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mac6898
Hello all,

Well, after almost a year of owning my 2010 JKU Sport, I am finally getting a lift and upgrading my tires and wheels. I have been an avid reader on this site for awhile now and am impressed by how everyone goes out of their way to help out and offer great suggestions.

I have decided on the lift (Teraflex 2.5" coil lift w/ shocks) and I already have the wheels (Black Rock Viper 900). I like the look of both and more importantly, they fit the budget!

I have narrowed down my tire choices to Goodyear Duratracs in 315/70/17 or BFG KM2s in 35x12.50x17. The Duratracs tend to run a little cheaper and have great reviews, but I like the look of the KM2s a little more. This is my daily driver and will only see light to moderate trails.

I have checked around the Phoenix area tire shops for the best deal, as well as searching the internet. It seems like tirerack.com has the best prices (I can get the Duratracs for $1054.10 shipped to my door), but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on other Phoenix area places or internet sites to check out.

Thanks again in advance.
discount tire offers an amazing deal on a 15" tire and 35" km2's for $1500ish out the door.

check the sponsors section.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-VS-15x8-Steel.....
Old 01-26-2011, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info, but I already got the 17 inch wheels. I checked Discount's site online for tire prices but they were actually pretty high. Not sure of what type of deal we would get from the Discount site vendor.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mac6898
Thanks for the info, but I already got the 17 inch wheels. I checked Discount's site online for tire prices but they were actually pretty high. Not sure of what type of deal we would get from the Discount site vendor.
send him a PM and he'll hook you up
Old 01-26-2011, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

will do... thanks again!
Old 01-26-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Dont forget with Tire Rack you have to pay somone to mount and balance. Also does it include Tire Certs?

Quick Reply: Best prices on tires (Phoenix area/internet)?