Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Arizona information

Old 02-14-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surprise is nice, of coarse I am biased because I live so close. But there are a lot of retirement comminuties out here, and lots of golf coarses. Housing right now is still pretty cheap. But like others have said. Come out and take a look. Everyone has their own opinions on what is nice and not nice. Good luck and maybe we will meet some time. Oh and dont forget to check out the Phoenixs JK's Group page in the group section!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Croce
Dont mean to hijack the thread but im moving to AZ next month also and want to know your opinion on Glendale
Glendale is a big city. So it has a lot of bad parts as well as really nice parts. So I guess it depends what part of Glendale you are looking at.

Also remember if you are working in the downtown area you may not want to live on the West side. Otherwise you have sun in your eyes in the morning commute and during the evening commute.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just purchased a home out in the Tonopah area and cannot wait to enjoy it. It seems that every one in my family has seen it in person but me LOL.... but for me it has been since 1995 that I have lived there in Az but am looking forward to it here shortly. Depending on what you really want such as if you are gonna want horses have dogs, want to live in an HOA or in a decent area with no HOA. THere are quite a bit of nice areas and some other not so nice. The Valley has been growing just about every direction but as it was said earlier it is spread out all over. as for the commute I really don't mind and will eventually be looking for a job somewhere. I guess the best way to help you out is what exactly are you looking for in a place to live.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by largo
Anyone out there from Arizona, I could use your help. My wife and I are planning on relocating to the Phoenix area, and we have a realtor sending us leads every day, but I don't know anything about Phoenix with the exception of Scottsdale. We have home listings for Surprise, Buckeye, Florence, Casa Grande, El Mirage, and the list goes on. Anyone recommend any particular area over another? We want to be able to use our JK and I love the area and the weather. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. If you want to e-mail, feel free at dalec@wiwmd.org.

Well good choice to come live in our fantastic state. If you did'nt notice by now Phoenix is divided into two areas - The Westside and The Eastside (Nope, their isn't a North or a South). It's kind of like we are the Hatfields and McCoys or, demographically - Israel and Palestine...

It's really strange but, true.

The Eastsiders think of the Westsiders as either poor country folk, Gang Bangers or characters from an old western movie.

The Westsiders think of the Eastsiders as Bible thumping, Granola eating, berkenstock wearing, tree huggers...

For me, I dont put much energy in it. Although, I have lived on both turfs. We each have our "Hoods" and "Mansions".

I have set ground in Estrella Mountain Ranch (Goodyear - Westside). Nice quite semi private lake community with allot of amenities. It's out of the way enough but, close to everything. Look us up on the web. I think you will enjoy our little oasis in the desert.

Other than that we are all Arizonans and love our State, our Govenor, all of our gun rights and good ol'Sheriff Joe...

So, if you like to wheel you will find fun all around you no matter what side of town you live in. Good luck in your search but, whatever you do get here before it's too damn
Old 03-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dr.gonzo
Cave Creek. 100%
x2 This was going to be my suggestion as well. Cooler nights in the summer, plenty of festivals, not too far outside of phoenix, smaller community, you can see the stars at night, clean air, wildlife...

I'll be looking there whenever I can upgrade my house.

-Travis
Old 03-10-2011, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dr.gonzo
Cave Creek. 100%
x3 I live in Rio Verde area just east of Cave Creek. Love the area, lots to see and do ( and places to take your Jeep).

Quick Reply: Arizona information