Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Anybody in Gunnison, Colorado area want to wheel?

Old 06-17-2011, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody in Gunnison, Crested Butte, Salida, Colorado area want to wheel?

I'm heading to the Gunnison - Crested Butte, Colorado area for vacation the first week of August and plan to do some wheeling. If anyone wants to meet up let me know.

Last edited by JK Rocker; 07-05-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ill be there the week before, and unfortunately just heard that a lot of the trails will be impassable due to significant snow and deep stream crossings, have you heard about this? In the first weekmof july last year there was not a snowflake on the trails
Old 06-27-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ndenardo
Ill be there the week before, and unfortunately just heard that a lot of the trails will be impassable due to significant snow and deep stream crossings, have you heard about this? In the first weekmof july last year there was not a snowflake on the trails
The forest service web site has a few passes open, but sometimes you just have to drive up and see. I'm jeepin and fishin, so if there are less trails open, I'll just have to eat more fish. Either way, I'll be there and I'll try.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. The fishing out there is great isnt it. I love fishing the high mountain lakes for the cutthroats
Old 07-05-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Less than a month away... Can't wait to get up in the mountains again...

Anybody want to meet up?
Old 07-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Nav
JK Newbie

I try and get up that way at least once a week from late July through early September (when all the trails are open the whole way up). Shoot me a pm on what days you were planning on wheeling and we'll work something out. I like all the trails around the St. Elmo and Hancock Pass area. I also have been wanting to try Schofield Pass between Crested Butte and Marble.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Nav
I try and get up that way at least once a week from late July through early September (when all the trails are open the whole way up). Shoot me a pm on what days you were planning on wheeling and we'll work something out. I like all the trails around the St. Elmo and Hancock Pass area. I also have been wanting to try Schofield Pass between Crested Butte and Marble.
Cool! Will do! I don't know exactly what days we will be on the trails yet, but we will be there the entire first week of August.
I am pretty familiar with all those trails. I've done Hancock a few times, St Elmo area is cool. Schofield is one of my favorites. Its not quite as hard as the hype makes it seem, but it is still really fun.
I'll let you know some more info when the time gets closer, unless you need to request time off from work to meet, then we can iron out a meeting date earlier. I will be driving up there on the weekend, so it will have to be during the week.
Looking forward to it!

Anyone else?
All are welcome to join.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Newbie

I usually wheel with NAV and I'm game if I can swing the time off of work. I would need a week or two notice on which day though.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be there the second/third week of August. Check www.bushducks.com for pass conditions they have good info on that area and the rest of Colorado.

2011 Rubicon 2 dr, auto
Sahara Tan
2 inch Daystar BB
Old 07-09-2011, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Cool Gonna be in South Fork......

Will be out the last 2 wks of July. Bringing both Jeeps this time, now that '06 has 33's and 4 1/2" BDS lift!

Quick Reply: Anybody in Gunnison, Colorado area want to wheel?