Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

Sway bar disconnect light wont stop flashing!

Old 06-17-2013, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bar disconnect light wont stop flashing!

After using the electronic sway bar disconnect on a short chew, the light won't stop flashing when we tried to connect. The sway bar is still engaging and disengaging when you press the button it's just the light that's not working. Any suggestions?
Old 06-18-2013, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Did you get it wet? Mine starting flashing yesterday, leaving the office. Have not pushed the button in the 2 months that I have owned it. I looked at the connections on the sway bar motor and it was wet.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

I got mine to stop flashing. I unhooked all the connections from the sway bar motor, cleaned it out and left it unconnected for the night to dry out in the garage. This AM I packed it full of di-electric grease and put it all back together. There was a little corrosion in there, had to clean it up best I could. Started this AM and no flashing light.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Freak

I just got my rubi yesterday. Its an 11 with 45k on it. I tested out the lockers and sway bar this morning and now mine won't stop flashing either. So looks like I'm taking it apart tonight.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default re:

Slightly off your topic, but,,,,

I just spent the evening taking apart and cleaning the inside of the disconnect assembly. I had went with the EVO manual disconnect since the connections had shorted out.
On the trail, it didn't feel like the sway bar was disconnecting, and it wasn't. The plunger inside the assembly had seized up. A dremmel with a polishing wheel, new grease, and diff gasket sealant, and everything is working fine now. The unit was full of grime, had gotten wet, the plunger had begun to rust, and most likely was the reason it had shorted out in the first place.
Not a difficult job with the swaybar on the work bench, took under 2 hours.
If a person is not having problems, I would say leave it alone, but if your getting flashing lights, or you wheel in water or mud, I would suggest cleaning and re greasing every spring. Make sure to seal everything up tight......
My 2cents....
Side note, thinking about it, it could very well seize in the disconnected position, not a safe situation.

Last edited by 20jk08; 06-19-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

I could tell the previous owner wheeled it. Some minor scratches and such but like I said I just got it yesterday and haven't wheeled it yet so I have no idea what's going on but I'll take it apart and clean it up a bit.

Quick Reply: Sway bar disconnect light wont stop flashing!