Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

Post count requirement to post for sale

Old 11-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts
Default Post count requirement to post for sale

Bob, friends of the JK Forum, and those who dislike me:

Can we get a minimum post count allowance before allowing these clowns to come post their jeeps for sale on the forum? Yes, it's bringing in more "users" but they aren't users and they aren't contributing. They're clogging up the bandwidth with their items having never contributed and joining merely 20 minutes prior.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but it would be nice to hear other's thoughts on it. Otherwise I'm being labeled an ***hole my these folks and maybe they're right.

Practically speaking- do you anticipate being allowed to draw from social security having never contributed a penny?
The following 2 users liked this post by karls10jk:
hornetman (11-05-2019), LC Boyer (11-05-2019)
Old 11-05-2019, 04:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Ditto On this
Old 11-05-2019, 07:39 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

I support a minimum post count as well. I know it's probably a bit petty cuz I know the things these people are listing ain't gonna sell here, but it's a bit insulting for us who regularly support this forum to have yahoos show up only to post their junk having never added value nor ever will.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I agree on this also. Preferably quality posts, not just 15 or so spam posts to get the post count.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:39 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Bob, friends of the JK Forum, and those who dislike me:

Can we get a minimum post count allowance before allowing these clowns to come post their jeeps for sale on the forum? Yes, it's bringing in more "users" but they aren't users and they aren't contributing. They're clogging up the bandwidth with their items having never contributed and joining merely 20 minutes prior.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but it would be nice to hear other's thoughts on it. Otherwise I'm being labeled an ***hole my these folks and maybe they're right.

Practically speaking- do you anticipate being allowed to draw from social security having never contributed a penny?
Hey,

The current requirement for placing ADs in the Marketplace is set at registered 15 days and 5 posts. I'll check under the hood today to make sure it is being software enforced.

Bob
LC Boyer (11-06-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 04:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all,

I hope this is not in response to my ad for a free soft top... If so I apologize.
If I might add my observation, at least from a personal perspective:
Some people have "lurked" for a while but have not posted because they do want to make "quality" postings and lack the "jeep knowledge" they believe would be needed for a productive post.
But having said all that I do understand the need for a "posting qualification" before listing sales.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

RevJonG- not you at all. There are numerous folks with 1 post and registered in the past 20 minutes who are posting vehicles for sale. I had a guy PM me because I was being "mean" and he wanted to know why I selected his post. I kindly explained that I select all posts like that.

Bob- thank you for looking into this. A quick stroll through the for sale ads with folks selling vehicles should reveal a list of folks who are out of compliance. There's one vehicle marked as sold that isn't sold, his feelings were hurt over my post.
The following 2 users liked this post by karls10jk:
LC Boyer (11-06-2019), RevJonG (11-06-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 06:06 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
RevJonG- not you at all. There are numerous folks with 1 post and registered in the past 20 minutes who are posting vehicles for sale. I had a guy PM me because I was being "mean" and he wanted to know why I selected his post. I kindly explained that I select all posts like that.

Bob- thank you for looking into this. A quick stroll through the for sale ads with folks selling vehicles should reveal a list of folks who are out of compliance. There's one vehicle marked as sold that isn't sold, his feelings were hurt over my post.
Understood, I'll get the post count requirements fixed today. Thank you.

Bob
karls10jk (11-06-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Thank you Bob!
Old 11-06-2019, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Y’all do a good job monitoring this forum!

Quick Reply: Post count requirement to post for sale