Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rausch Creeek Sat., Nov 22

Old 11-21-2008, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joepile
hey guys....where is rausch creek?

i have a swim meet in the afternoon that i have to coach if this is close i might be able to make it...as long as you dont mind a new guy to your group (some wheeling experience, only once with the jk) and i might have to cut out early. so where is this place? anywhere near Randolf?

Hey Joe!!

We ALWAYS love having a new member join us!!!!
What time is the swim meet?? If its later in the PM, say 4pm, youd just need to leave by 1:30. That would work!! And give you a nice intro to off-roadin'!!! We would get you back to the entrance, aired up and re-connected...

And if you are totally stock, (except for the extra torque and HP from those stickers) you will be fine!! as we will stick mostly to green trails, and if you are uncomfortable with something, there are by-passes....

Did you get that CD radio yet?? (if not- no biggie!)

What size tires do you have? SRA 16s or 17s?

Distance: 125.76 miles Time: 2 hrs 14 mins

PER YAHOO MAPS!

* Starting in MORRISTOWN, NJ on SOUTH ST go toward MADISON ST - go 0.4 mi
* Bear Left on MADISON AVE(RT-124) - go 0.1 mi
* Bear Right to take ramp onto I-287 S - go 14.5 mi
* Take exit #21B/EASTON PA onto I-78 W (Portions toll) - go 95.3 mi
* Take exit #13/BETHEL onto PA-501 toward PINE GROVE - go 7.7 mi
* Turn Left on PA-895 - go 0.6 mi
* Turn Right on S TULPEHOCKEN ST(PA-443) - go 0.5 mi
* Continue on PA-125 - go 6.4 mi
* Turn Left on UNION ST - go 0.1 mi
* Turn Right on E MAIN ST(US-209)

Per RnJSTEL; stay on 78 ( just because its prolly easier) until you get to 81 North. Go about 14 miles, Get off ext 107, turn right. You are now on Rt 209. Follow about 1-2 miles, Will see houses!!! and look for JOLIET ROAD on the left. Turn left. Come to stop sign, turn left. ( This is like a triangle, so if you miss that first left turn, take the second, then entrance will be on right..) Entrance is on right. Take SECOND entrance!

Once you get into the park, go straight towards the little office building, and sign up.

Since it is your first time, it will be around $50.00 with each passenger at $5.00. This higher fee is one time; after that, its only like $30... Oh, and bring CASH!!!! and a bagged lunch!!
You will receive wrist bands, maps, and at the end of the run, you need to stop back in, and you will get laminated membership cards.

After you turn in your paper, and youre done in office, you can meet up with us. From office deck, we will be to your right.....near treeline...
Here are the links to the papers you should have to fill out:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/uplo...sch_Waiver.pdf

If you have kids with you, you need the waiver:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/uplo...h_Parental.pdf

Hope you can make it!!!!!

Joan

Last edited by JnRStel; 11-21-2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RDY4RKS
So Sorry, I meant to add that the green monster on the right rolling on 37's belongs to guinness who through his many connections was able to secure a ride for us on the property the picture was taken on. He also led us through a incredible day with no mishaps or broken parts. A modern day Magellan with his skiils for navigation of various terrain. But that would have taken too long. So I left you out.

Still time to change you mind about this weekend my friend.

Adam, Your advanced skills and unparalleled leadership will be sorely missed! See you next time.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JnRStel

... we will stick mostly to green trails....

I would be up for running blues if anyone is interested, there are bypasses on those as well.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would be up for running blues if anyone is interested, there are bypasses on those as well.
Joe, How are the blue trails compared to what we did in Monticello?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thats cool. I was saying mostly greens, because Joe is totally stock, but since he cant make it....
We've done a few blues in the past........

Heres the list so far:

1. rnjstel/jnrstel
2. ptcomp
3. RDY4RKS
4. NCRubicon1
5. NJJeepThing
Old 11-21-2008, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ptcomp
Joe, How are the blue trails compared to what we did in Monticello?
All the trails we will do out at Raucsh (green or blue) are easier than some of the stuff up in Monticello. And now you are rolling on 35" KMII's, you will be fine.

But if you want to do some harder stuff....
Old 11-21-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind some of the greens are pretty rutted out which makes them border line to medium blues. We've been there 2 times after JK fest and with all the rain lately we noticed quite a differance. Last weekend a few rigs including JK's got stuck high centered. At least two of the rigs were JK's w/ small lifts, one even had 33's. Of course the rain and thcik fog didnt help matters.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by UGOTKERN
Keep in mind some of the greens are pretty rutted out which makes them border line to medium blues. We've been there 2 times after JK fest and with all the rain lately we noticed quite a differance. Last weekend a few rigs including JK's got stuck high centered. At least two of the rigs were JK's w/ small lifts, one even had 33's. Of course the rain and thcik fog didnt help matters.
Thanks for the heads up. Tomorrow should be interesting. Weather report is showing snow showers and the trails are rutted, going to be fun.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

have fun guys , wish i could be there , theres a group going to ruasch from ny , the Ateam 4x4 club , good bunch of guys if you hook up with them
Old 11-21-2008, 01:25 PM
JK Super Freak

2-4 inches of snow on the ground at the park already. Snow, makes trails harder!

Quick Reply: Rausch Creeek Sat., Nov 22