Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bernigoober

Noted... I will stay away....
I'm sure all the trails aren't bad, but it's def not made for anything close to stock!
Old 12-02-2011, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VA Trail Map

Hey guys, I remember seeing a google map with all the trail heads around VA on it. I can't seem to find that link again. Does anyone have it, or know where it is? Thanks
Old 12-02-2011, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bernigoober
Hey guys, I remember seeing a google map with all the trail heads around VA on it. I can't seem to find that link again. Does anyone have it, or know where it is? Thanks
I can post it again tonight when I get home. I found it on another community but through a va group they have.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hiking325
I can post it again tonight when I get home. I found it on another community but through a va group they have.
Cool, I appreciate it.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Try this link: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...dd0e881d&msa=0

I have it saved under my places so I'm trying to find the link that anyone can use to see it.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Hokie. That's perfect! I'm heading up to peter's mill tomorrow and lost my gps info.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet I've been up there once. Its a lot of fun
Old 12-02-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

It was the first trail I did when I got my Jeep. I've been itching to get out on the trails, and there's a fella looking to take his stock Cherokee out so I said I'd go with him. Never did taskers gap though. He wants to hit both, so I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

This is a kind of off topic question but Im curios to know whoever has AT&T and went to the Turkey Crawl what kind of coverage did you get throughout out the day (traveling to the meet u spots, on the trail,leaving the trail, camp site, and if you were with us on day 2 for Big Levels). My mom and brother are thinking about switching to AT&T so Im trying to find out some info. Also any complaints or issues with normal coverage in VA?
Old 12-03-2011, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hiking325
This is a kind of off topic question but Im curios to know whoever has AT&T and went to the Turkey Crawl what kind of coverage did you get throughout out the day (traveling to the meet u spots, on the trail,leaving the trail, camp site, and if you were with us on day 2 for Big Levels). My mom and brother are thinking about switching to AT&T so Im trying to find out some info. Also any complaints or issues with normal coverage in VA?
I had no issues running from Stafford to almost the trail head with AT&T. That is both data and voice, I have a windows phone and it worked out pretty well. There are some shady spots that other carriers get better service, but overall it wasnt too bad. I have had AT&T for the past 12 years and havent had too many issues with them. A lot will depend on the phone as well. Good luck.

Turkey crawl was fun, too bad we had to leave so early would have loved to hit big levels.

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread