Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty Friendly Dealers - NOVA

Hello all. New to the forum. Sweet forum BTW!
Looking at getting a 2012 JKU very soon. Problem is what I hear about the dealers all negating much of the warranty due to mods. I want to do a AEV 3.5 lift, 35's, and bumpers. I do not plan to drive offroad much other than a trail or two. So if I don't abuse or go hard on my Jeep, what if any dealer is going to honor their warranty on stuff I don't break?? I can see them pretty mush declining warranty on pretty much everything if they want -relating the engine, trans, suspension, exhaust all to the lift and tires mods. Pisses me off to think of buying a new vehicle w/ pretty much NO warranty for crap that fails due to poor workmanship on their end.

Any help w/ reasonable dealers??

Thanks!!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Some dealers mod them to sell them under warranty. Starr Motors in Suffolk, VA does.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I go to the Jeep dealership in Chantilly, off Rt. 50. It's called "Fair Oaks" Jeep on the Jeep site. I know it's a haul from Warrenton, but I drive out there from Arlington because they are very good to me. They have never refused service due to any of my Mods and encourage me to get more and like to hear about the offroading adventures. Welcome to the forum
Old 10-30-2011, 07:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 65Cobra
Hello all. New to the forum. Sweet forum BTW!
Looking at getting a 2012 JKU very soon. Problem is what I hear about the dealers all negating much of the warranty due to mods. I want to do a AEV 3.5 lift, 35's, and bumpers. I do not plan to drive offroad much other than a trail or two. So if I don't abuse or go hard on my Jeep, what if any dealer is going to honor their warranty on stuff I don't break?? I can see them pretty mush declining warranty on pretty much everything if they want -relating the engine, trans, suspension, exhaust all to the lift and tires mods. Pisses me off to think of buying a new vehicle w/ pretty much NO warranty for crap that fails due to poor workmanship on their end.

Any help w/ reasonable dealers??

Thanks!!
warrenton toyota seems good to me so far, though I haven't had any warranty work done by them.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bernigoober - Ok, good feedback on Fair Oaks in Chantilly. I think my bro just got his 2011 JKU Rubicon from them (but he isnt doing any mods). I dont mind driving up to 'the city' to find a dealer that is 'warranty friendly'.

Finnd1 - do you mean the Toyota dealer, or Safford Jeep beside them?
Old 10-30-2011, 11:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 65Cobra
Finnd1 - do you mean the Toyota dealer, or Safford Jeep beside them?
Can I blame that on my androids AUTOCORRECT?

Yes, safford jeep, although warrenton Toyota has taken good care of the sienna and. My old corollary.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Freak

The argument a dealership can make is that they will never know for sure if you've taken your Jeep off road (unless you've been scraping across rocks).

Also try Manassas Jeep & Chrysler. They are big supporters of local Jeep enthusiasts, most of whom mod their Jeeps.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've heard of dealerships not working with modded Jeeps but I've never heard of a dealership refusing service because you wheel your Jeep. What does "trail rated" mean if they wont let you go off road? Has anyone had this problem around here?
Old 10-30-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's crazy! I would freakout on a service assosiate if they said something like that to me. It's not an over-sized minivan like a lot of the other "SUVs" I see on the road. It's a JEEP! Isn't the Wrangler an off road legend? All the adds and displays for it are tearing through the woods, mountains, or (from one of the recent ads...) a pile of railroad ties. I dont appreciate the continued pussification of the Wrangler/Wrangler owner I guess I just got lucky with finding a good dealership.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I have a friend who couldn't get a leaking diff cover fixed under warranty because there was evidence that he took it off road. He does take it off road so it didn't surprise me, but he took my advice and went to lubelockers
Karl would be referring to me and my rear diff... Bastards!

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread