Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 03:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to try and get a head count but does anyone want to go with us? I live near exit 86 off 95 north just to give you an idea of where we will be heading out from.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Hey everybody, me again. Anyways, I'm at 38k miles and I'm working on doing my transmission fluid change. As anyone can see, I have a manual trans and for anyone else who has a manual knows, you need special tools to drain the fluid. I'll be changing my own fluid maybe tonight or possibly tomorrow.

Cut to the chase- I made the tools (2 plug removal tools) and if anyone in the area needs to use them just lemme know and I'll see about helping you out
Quit tricking yourself on the forum!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Hey everybody, me again. Anyways, I'm at 38k miles and I'm working on doing my transmission fluid change. As anyone can see, I have a manual trans and for anyone else who has a manual knows, you need special tools to drain the fluid. I'll be changing my own fluid maybe tonight or possibly tomorrow.

Cut to the chase- I made the tools (2 plug removal tools) and if anyone in the area needs to use them just lemme know and I'll see about helping you out
I may have to hit you up soon since I am at 42,... . I dont think the dealership changed the transmission fluid before I bought it so Im probably due for service also.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

How often are you supposed to change that? I bought mine with about 45k on it and am at almost 50k now.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Seven and a wake up to the Uwharrie run!

Anyone else from this forum heading down?
Old 09-29-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by daspes
Seven and a wake up to the Uwharrie run!

Anyone else from this forum heading down?
Thorn here -- can't freaking wait! But it's more like 7.5 and then wake up for me. The 6AM drive from Va Beach to Uwharrie is total muscle memory. I don't actually wake up until we drop the stuff off at the campsite and then go hit Daniel!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm heading down early Saturday morning probably leaving northern VA at 4am. Do I need to reserve a camp site or just show up? It's my first time down there. Here's my cell if anyone wants to meet up 571-276-2673
Old 09-29-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think most everyone from Hampton Roads Jeep Club has spots at the Baden Lake campground, and one or two are at Arrowhead (they're just a mile or two apart). There's free primitive camping along the trails of Uwharrie, but it's always looked really rough to me. IIRC, both Baden Lake and Arrowhead are under $20/night, but you have to reserve online.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Combsn6
I'm heading down early Saturday morning probably leaving northern VA at 4am. Do I need to reserve a camp site or just show up? It's my first time down there. Here's my cell if anyone wants to meet up 571-276-2673
You're better off trying to reserve a spot at recreation.gov. I know I took the last Baden Lake site this afternoon. There was 15 or so open yesterday...
Old 09-29-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aristobrat
Thorn here -- can't freaking wait! But it's more like 7.5 and then wake up for me. The 6AM drive from Va Beach to Uwharrie is total muscle memory. I don't actually wake up until we drop the stuff off at the campsite and then go hit Daniel!!!
Jason, not sure if I'm going to get out Friday morning, or if it will be early afternoon. For us late arrivals, what's the plan? Start wheeling Saturday morning I guess.

Fish

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread