Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Evo35

I noticed that just like the Virginia Beach area, there are several JK owners in the Quantico area also. Maybe we should try to all meet at the B-dubs in stafford for a Meet and Greet. (code for - wings and )

Just a thought.
Yes I agree, that would be great. My girlfriend is a server there... Haha!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey guys, I'm headed to VA Beach Oct 6th - 9th to jetski with my buddies. Any trust worthy local offroad shops that I can call to drop my jeep off and have a lift installed while I ride?

Wouldn't mind getting it done while I ride since I don't have time any other time to get it done up here in NY.

thanks...
Old 09-22-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TXJfrosty
hey guys, I'm headed to VA Beach Oct 6th - 9th to jetski with my buddies. Any trust worthy local offroad shops that I can call to drop my jeep off and have a lift installed while I ride?

Wouldn't mind getting it done while I ride since I don't have time any other time to get it done up here in NY.

thanks...
I'm sure there is probably a few local guys willing to help you install it.. If you pm me, I'll give steer you in the direction of a buddy of mine who owns an offroad place and lives in VA beach. He may be free in that time period. He also does, gears, axle work, fabrication etc....
Old 09-22-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

For lift installs at a dealership, hit up Starr Motors in Suffolk. Not that far from VA beach, and a very mod friendly dealership.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zaknafien
For lift installs at a dealership, hit up Starr Motors in Suffolk. Not that far from VA beach, and a very mod friendly dealership.
cool.. thanks guys.

I actually have a TF 2.5" coil lift sitting in my garage... just no time to install it. But I am wondering if I should go straight up to a 4" lift and get it over with... And if I can have it installed while I ride (hopefully in some surf) that would be even better.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXJfrosty

thanks...
Dealership: Starr Motors

Offroad Shop: Open Air Jeeps is the only shop who won't completely screw you in this area. Stay away from Hi-Dust, Eastern, and Pungo.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another thumbs up for Starr Motors here. They just finished converting a 2012 JKU into the JK8 pickup! The only 'complaint' I have about them is that they can get busy sometimes, so I'd recommend you call them with as much lead time as you can (if you decide to use them). Ask for Joe Bonney -- he's the Service Director, and he's an avid wheeler and has always been excellent to deal with.

I've also heard good things about Open Air Jeeps, but don't have any personal experience with them.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:06 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
How in depth is the lift? Anthony, I think you're being a little generous saying I can do gear work, fab, and all that
Haha, I'd def be up for helping, but I'll be working a seaport in Beaumont, TX untill 10 oct...
Old 09-23-2011, 12:55 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I got bent over the golden arches once again....they switched my schedule since a manager quit. So...........the mechanic will not be in attendance but my brother will have my jeep up there. So try not to let him trash it too much

But, I do have Saturday off now maybe wheel Saturday instead of Sunday??
Don't worry, I'll duct tape whatever he breaks!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Not to go off topic with wheeling events, but a friend of mine invited me to go to shoe creek next saturday. Anybody want to tag along? I need some fellow jk's for support!

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread