Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08GreenRubi
Expect a lot of this!
Yeah, I heard that Crozet is the Latin phrase for "Lots of Jeep damage"! lol

Hopefully it doesn't end up raining buckets out there this weekend. :/
Old 09-20-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JK10

hahaha.. come on you need to toughin her up
Worst part is, we have both been in the Army now for several years and have been out in the field COUNTLESS times...
Old 09-20-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

what level trails are those?

that's badass by the way
That was a "Blue". Their trail rating is not your typical system. I have heard that their "blues" are equivalent to Rausch Creeks upper blue/lower black rating. I haven't been up to Rausch yet, so I can't say for sure. They provide guides/spotters so if you listen to them then you will come out with only skid plates with rock rash. If you decide to take your own line then you could end up with body damage. All-in-all it is a really cool place to wheel. I will be joining there in the near future Enjoy and remember to post plenty of pictures
Old 09-20-2011, 12:13 PM
JK Junkie

I'm sure I can find something to climb while doing the lower blues!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

ordered an AEV snork last night... hoping it comes sometime this week so I can put it on before the run this weekend. I'm all giddy.. I love waiting for parts and I hate it
I got one of those earlier this summer. I was so worried I'd eff-up the hood with a bad cut, so I paid total attention to where I was going with the angle grinder, and zero attention to where the sparks were flying off to. Ended up doing some serious paint damage to my roomie's new Camaro that was parked in front of me in the driveway. lol

Where did you orders from? I just ordered a RK tie rod from Northridge. Love the prices/free shipping, hate how long it takes UPS ground to get from WA to VA!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Roomie was FLIPPING OUT, but I paid to get it fixed, so it all worked out. I thought the snorkel was a pretty straight-forward install. The only issue I ran into was breaking one of the three tabs that hold the air box down, but that was just me being stupid (again). If you haven't already seen the instructions, Quadratec should have a PDF that you can download that lists all of the tools and stuff you need. If you don't already have the circle drill bit or the rivet popper thing already, you're more than welcome to borrow mine (I'm near Indian River/Kempsville Road).

I HATE Quadratec's shipping fees, but it is kind of cool how (when something's in stock, and you place the order in the afternoon or earlier) it almost always is delivered the next day!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by karls10jk

I think he'll be rolling up there with Anthony (the TJ mechanic) I haven't seen much of my brother the past couple days.

If you guys order from Qtec and let them know you're on JKForum or just go thru our rep then they will do free shipping. Oh, and they do military discounts too.
Adam will be out there working on his TJ with my coaching haha
Old 09-20-2011, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
If you guys order from Qtec and let them know you're on JKForum or just go thru our rep then they will do free shipping. Oh, and they do military discounts too.
No crap? That's awesome!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Junkie

Cool, thanks but I picked up a riveter for about 5 bucks. Yeah I'm hoping for a day or 2 shipping wise.

Wow that's awesome! Def gonna get the discounts next time
Where are you stationed?
Old 09-20-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Junkie

Oceana.. in a squadron
Coast guard I assume...

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread