Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bernigoober
Shoe Creek... that's what I meant when I said crabtree falls. It's about a 3-3.5 hour drive for me. I did that trail when I was very stock, I wouldnt mind going back and doing it again and exploring some of the side trails. But I was hoping to find something new.... I guess I'll just have to save all my pennies and PTO for another trip up to Rausch Creek. So far taht's been the best off roading I've done.
Just be careful on the side trails in Shoe Creek. Most have no trespassing/private property signs everywhere. On here I read a lot about people getting into trouble going on the side trails. But talking to a buddy who lives near there he says he knows people who do those all the time and never get crap for it... So who knows? When I went last month we pretty much just said on the main trail.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good to know about the side trails. I've had some people mention a trail called flag pole something or other... Anybody got any opinions on that one. Or where it is haha My little borther's friends have been telling me that there are a few places around Harrisonburg, VA worth looking into. Maybe if there's not much else to do I'll just take the gas and food money and put it towards new toys for the Jeep
Old 08-31-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

If you are looking for a "pay-to-play" type park then check out RCPFA. They are located in Crozet, Va down by Charlottesville and have some pretty good trails. I took my stock Rubi down there and had blast. There are no "stock" friendly trails as they only have the equivalent to what Rausch calls blues (I think). Check it out if you are interested in joining.

http://rcpfa.com/

Here are a few picts to give you an idea of what it is like.

And one of my favorites of a guy from NOVA Jeepers
Old 08-31-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bernigoober

Shoe Creek... that's what I meant when I said crabtree falls. It's about a 3-3.5 hour drive for me. I did that trail when I was very stock, I wouldnt mind going back and doing it again and exploring some of the side trails. But I was hoping to find something new.... I guess I'll just have to save all my pennies and PTO for another trip up to Rausch Creek. So far taht's been the best off roading I've done.
X2 on Tatas... I can't wait for next year....
Old 08-31-2011, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

RCPFA looks like it would be a lot of fun. They have an open weekend the week I was looking to head out (9/24-25). Has anyone been there? I think my Jeep would be god to go on most of the blue low/medium trails they have. I love the fact that it's only about 2 hours away from home.

Tata's certainly was awesome. I don't want to wait another year I might take my boss up to Rausch for a weekend. He's always looking for a new place to take his FJ. Don't know how I'd feel showing up my boss off road though.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I beat my boss's at golf every time we play, and that has worked out well so far. My boss also has a stock Jeep and I park next to him just to make it look like a Powerwheels Jeep. It's the little things in life that make me laugh.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

What time is the Oak Ridge convoy leaving Hampton Roads?
Old 09-01-2011, 05:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SayreJK07
What time is the Oak Ridge convoy leaving Hampton Roads?
Marshall is leaving nags head area around 0700 and then stopping here to get us...
Old 09-01-2011, 03:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by karls10jk

It's not quite Nags Head, it's about 10-12 mins south of the VA border and it takes me a good hour to get to your house so it'll take him about the same time. Nags Head is a solid hour south of the border if not a little more.
Whatever foo....
Old 09-01-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Freak

Is this convoy tomorrow? If so and y'all are going north I might pass y'all. I'm going to myrtle tomorrow mourning, so anthony cb comm tomorrow?

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread