Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 03:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is some bull$hit! They put us on alert (army unit) and we had to convoy up to WVA in case we needed to deploy for hurricane relief or world mission disaster relief... Damn! I should be driving around VA taking pics like my friend above.... I'm truly depressed......
Old 08-27-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least you're on standby for the law abiding Americans. I'm on call to make sure the criminals are safe.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sadly no pictures of the Jeep out in it, but our neighborhood is nicely flooding now.

About a foot higher than in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2435708401.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	203239  
Old 08-27-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Who in the world wants some hot fries at 10pm when the wind is blowing at 85mph?
Where the heck do you work?!?! lol

Originally Posted by zaknafien
Sadly no pictures of the Jeep out in it, but our neighborhood is nicely flooding now.

About a foot higher than in the pic.
Dang man, hope it stops soon!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Junkie

We just found out our entire convoy was for nothing but an F'n training mission while our families are fending for themselves in a hurricane! Now we are convoying from WVA to Ohio tomorrow, staying for 2 days and line hauling our vehicles back and taking buses back to VA on Tuesday.....WTF!
Old 08-27-2011, 07:00 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SayreJK07
At least you're on standby for the law abiding Americans. I'm on call to make sure the criminals are safe.
I'm sorry man, but that shit was funny!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by karls10jk

So the training the other day didn't piss you off, but this did? You are sane afterall
Haha, you mean the 3 open hand slaps to the face, then the 12 punches to right eye followed by the uppercut that almost broke my nose.... That was fun cause I signed up for the combatives class, this convoy was pointless!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Looking for a new fun trail to tryout

Hey guys. The wife wants to take me out for a day of trail riding for my birthday. We've done peter's mill/Tasker's something in the northern GWNF. We also did the trail near crab tree falls early this spring. I was wondering if anyone had any trail suggestions. I'd like to try something new. I get the feeling there's not too much around here. I'd be ok with doing the crab tree falls trail again, but thought I'd see what you guys had to say. I wish there was something like Rausch Creek closer to Northern VA

Thanks!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:06 AM
JK Junkie

Not sure how far you are from shoe creek, but I've heard it's pretty good... Is that in G-forest...
Old 08-31-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
Not sure how far you are from shoe creek, but I've heard it's pretty good... Is that in G-forest...
Shoe Creek... that's what I meant when I said crabtree falls. It's about a 3-3.5 hour drive for me. I did that trail when I was very stock, I wouldnt mind going back and doing it again and exploring some of the side trails. But I was hoping to find something new.... I guess I'll just have to save all my pennies and PTO for another trip up to Rausch Creek. So far taht's been the best off roading I've done.

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread