Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by backroadman81
I just moved down to VA just a few months ago and I am looking for a place to watch and/or take part in the fun. To be more specific looking for mud bogs, tuff trucks, tractor pulls, a motorsports park. I live on the south side of Richmond. Something close within 2 hours would be nice. Also any place close to get a little off Camber?? Anything like rausch would be nice.
So the only real wheeling option would be to join RCPFA (website here --> http://rcpfa.com/index.php) and then you can wheel at Crozet. They have anything from rock gardens, hill climbs, and the infamous "Body Shop" which should be self explanatory.

Other than that there are fire roads in GWNF (George Washington National Forest) in Harrisonburg that have two rock obstacles that all stocker Jeeps can get through (all other "obstacles" are OFF limits) and a few creek crossings (if it has been raining). A few of us go down there from time-to-time just to get off pavement and the views from the top of the mountain are fantastic on a clear day.

I hope this helps.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:00 AM
JK Junkie

Anybody live up by Fairfax or Falls Creek, VA? I may be out that way for a transfer for a few weeks. What's the wheelin' like? Is it worth moving that way? I can't move somewhere that I can't play with my Jeep!!
Old 08-20-2011, 03:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Love Monkey
Anybody live up by Fairfax or Falls Creek, VA? I may be out that way for a transfer for a few weeks. What's the wheelin' like? Is it worth moving that way? I can't move somewhere that I can't play with my Jeep!!
You would have to go west for an hour to find anthing in GWNF or 4 hours north for rausch creek. Some stuff to the south too. Fairfax and falls church can be spendy, you would end up a bit west anyway
Old 08-20-2011, 04:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone doing the Richmond, VA Merrell Down and Dirty Mud Run this weekend?
Old 08-20-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SayreJK07
Anyone doing the Richmond, VA Merrell Down and Dirty Mud Run this weekend?
I didn't even know it was going on.. I am preparing for the oakridge run.. How was school?
Old 08-20-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by finnd1
You would have to go west for an hour to find anthing in GWNF or 4 hours north for rausch creek. Some stuff to the south too. Fairfax and falls church can be spendy, you would end up a bit west anyway
Yeah I was looking at the price of apts. Holy Cats! I do have a friend who has a house he is renting and made an offer to have me move in...not sure if i am ready for a room mate. Well, we shall see if I transfer that way before I think too hard about it. Thanks!!
Old 08-21-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
I didn't even know it was going on.. I am preparing for the oakridge run.. How was school?
Managed to finish the 10K obstacle course today. Traing was fun in Kentucky. It was a long week of class and partying. I'd like to do a few things to the Jeep before the Oak Ridge Run too. I want to trim the pinch seams, extend the breather tubes, and move the evap canister. We will have to arrange a convoy up there. What day are you rolling out? We both took Friday off so we could leave early. Is anyone else going?
Old 08-21-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SayreJK07

Managed to finish the 10K obstacle course today. Traing was fun in Kentucky. It was a long week of class and partying. I'd like to do a few things to the Jeep before the Oak Ridge Run too. I want to trim the pinch seams, extend the breather tubes, and move the evap canister. We will have to arrange a convoy up there. What day are you rolling out? We both took Friday off so we could leave early. Is anyone else going?
Yea, Marshall is leaving friday morning around 0730 from NC/VA border and meeting up with me someplace near 64 (Ext 256B)... We can figure out where to meetup. Give me a call or text and we can figure it out. Also, if you need a hand installing or modding anything, let me know. I have combatives all week and looking forward to being tazed on Friday..
Old 08-22-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yup, leaving early friday.... Gonna p/u a few more jeeps along the way. Usually stop around the Mt. Zion Crossroads for a sandwich....then next stop...Oakridge!
Old 08-23-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

So who else felt the earthquake? I was working in gloucester when it happened.

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread