Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roanoke Newbie!

Hey Guys:

Just picked up a 2011. Live down in Roanoke, VA. Looking to meet some people and find some trails if anyone else is down around the Roanoke area. Parents house is up in Staunton Va so I know Harrisonburg and Charlottesville pretty good as well. Would love to take her off road and see what she can do.

Cheers!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
You going to oakridge ? I just sent in my registration...
Sorry, meant doing Rausch over Labor Day. That trip got planned before hearing about Oak Ridge.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's awesome... Did they offer you a burger.. Haha. A few of us hit up Obx beach (outer banks) and have a couple runs "planned" so I'll keep you in the loop...
Haha I got out of there asap. Yeah keep me in the loop, I go down to obx a bunch in the summer.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aristobrat
Sorry, meant doing Rausch over Labor Day. That trip got planned before hearing about Oak Ridge.
Damn... We will wheel together at some point lol...
Old 07-06-2011, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by eastcoasting32

Haha I got out of there asap. Yeah keep me in the loop, I go down to obx a bunch in the summer.
Checkout tidewater ***********s.org and click the link on homepage for events and look for the 19th annual run... It should be a good time and get to camp as well...
Old 07-06-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Junkie

Checkout tidewater ***********s.org and click the link on homepage for events and look for the 19th annual run... It should be a good time and get to camp as well...
Guess I'm not allowed to post that lol... My bad....
Old 07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alright I'll def check that. Really would love somewhere to ride
Old 07-06-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

Curious to know who is going to Tata's in august and if they would like to convoy up there? Myself and Karls10jk will be leaving Friday morning and traveling up toward Richmond. Karl will be coming from the nags head area and meeting me in Newport news.. Figured it would be pretty cool to convoy up there... I'll start a thread depending on feedback... Thanx
Im still trying to figure out if I want to go. I really want to but I dont know what to expect there.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karls10jk
It's too late to register for the event, but from what I understand- the park will operate on a normal schedule that day. They have (again, from what I've heard) very mild trails like dirt roads all the way up to extreme rock crawling.

I will be going

Damn I didnt know they reached the full capacity. Well have fun!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hiking325
Im still trying to figure out if I want to go. I really want to but I dont know what to expect there.
Tons and tons and tons of trails! At each trail head, the name of the trail is clearly posted, along with its difficulty rating, so no major surprises.

Like Karl said, the ratings range from green (easy, any stock Jeep can do them) to red (crazy rocks, super deep water, or major off camber), which plenty of trails (black/blue) that rate between.

I've only been there once so far, and the group I was with hit the trails 8 hours a day, two days in a row, and there was still a ton of stuff we didn't get to see. Very awesome place!

LOL, the censor filter isn't anything. Bad is when a mod deletes your post and shoots you a PM.

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread