Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
They've been talkin about closing some of the beaches further south for years. We also have to think about tourist traffic Oregon Inlet gets people fishing too don't they? If you go past the turn off towards North 12 then that's where all the people from way up north park and go on the beach. I'm along for the ride though.
I didn't think about tourist traffic... we usually go down at the end of August or begining of September. It's a little tricky finding a room for that weekend I'd love to get down there and have some fun. Hopefully I'll have my new tires on by then
Old 05-24-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bernigoober

I didn't think about tourist traffic... we usually go down at the end of August or begining of September. It's a little tricky finding a room for that weekend I'd love to get down there and have some fun. Hopefully I'll have my new tires on by then
There was a bit of traffic this past weekend but nothing "bottle necking"... The beach had a decent number of vehicles but then again, we have miles of beach to enjoy...
Old 05-25-2011, 05:00 AM
JK Newbie

Default Meet up

Is there anyone meeting up in the Newport News area this weakend.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeeprebel1980
Is there anyone meeting up in the Newport News area this weakend.
There is a group that meets up every Saturday at 10:30 in the dunkin donuts parking lot on Jefferson... I live in kiln creek and always up for some meetups... The group on Saturday is a $40-$50 fee if you want to become a member... Some decent folks show up....
Old 05-25-2011, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
There is a group that meets up every Saturday at 10:30 in the dunkin donuts parking lot on Jefferson... I live in kiln creek and always up for some meetups... The group on Saturday is a $40-$50 fee if you want to become a member... Some decent folks show up....
sounds good to me I live a mile from the walmart on 17
Old 05-25-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Junkie

sounds good to me I live a mile from the walmart on 17
The one in Yorktown, by Hardys ?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

The one in Yorktown, by Hardys ?
the one beside the mc donalds over by super kmart
Old 05-25-2011, 10:54 AM
JK Junkie

the one beside the mc donalds over by super kmart
Dang, that Kmart is .9 miles from me... I'm sure I've seen you around then. We should meetup sometime. Are you doing the Topless for Tata's run in august... It's in Rausch creek, PA ...
Old 05-26-2011, 04:29 AM
JK Newbie

Here it goes... I'm planning a corolla beach cookout/swimming/meetup for Saturday 11 June... Everyone is welcome, please let me know what you think....
I'm interested in this. After June 11th works better for me but I think I can make the 11th work. What kind of time frame are you looking to start or finish? That will determine when I need to get a hotel room; ie, before or after the ride. I'm coming from the DC area.

Is there going to be a new thread for this meetup/ride?
Old 05-26-2011, 04:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ken-Rahaim

I'm interested in this. After June 11th works better for me but I think I can make the 11th work. What kind of time frame are you looking to start or finish? That will determine when I need to get a hotel room; ie, before or after the ride. I'm coming from the DC area.

Is there going to be a new thread for this meetup/ride?
Yes, I will start a new thread tonight hopefully and post the link on here. It's about a 2 hour drive for me. I figured we can all meetup someplace near or even on the beach. For times, I'll probably get there about 9am or so and it will run till whatever time people want to leave I guess... Figured we can go takeover part of the beach hahaha...

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread