Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bernigoober
I'm certainly going o be getting new tires ASAP. These little tires do not grip wet rocks and muddy hills too well
Did you air down at all?
Old 05-23-2011, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aristobrat
Did you air down at all?
Yes I did. I probably should've gone a little lower for better traction. I don't have a lot of ground clearence when I'm aired up and I didn't want to sacrifice more than I needed too. The tread on my tires wasn't helping anything, it's pretty worn down

I learned my lesson about airing down at the beach. I got stuck in the sand up to the frame and had to dig out with a kids sand shovel. I will never make that mistake again
Old 05-23-2011, 04:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bernigoober
If me and the wife can find a place that weekend we'd love to make the trip down Which part of the beach are you planning on going to? the north by Carolla or down south?
I only know of the north by corolla off of 12... If the south side is closer for everyone it's good with me. I'm in Newport news so corolla is about a 2 hour drive for me...
Old 05-23-2011, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
I only know of the north by corolla off of 12... If the south side is closer for everyone it's good with me. I'm in Newport news so corolla is about a 2 hour drive for me...
Last time I was in the OBX I went down towards cape hatteras. There are several beach access points heading south. I think that it's about as long a drive as it would be north to Carolla. It was softer sand and appeared to be more secluded than the north end. But this was in late August - early September. I'm up for wheverever though.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
Here it goes... I'm planning a corolla beach cookout/swimming/meetup for Saturday 11 June... Everyone is welcome, please let me know what you think....
I've got my cousin and his wife coming over for BBQ that day. Although . . . I didn't say it was gonna be at my house . . .
Old 05-23-2011, 06:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by finnd1

I've got my cousin and his wife coming over for BBQ that day. Although . . . I didn't say it was gonna be at my house . . .
Hahaha, I'm just trying to get a bunch of rigs together for some fun in the sun. Nice family outing...
Old 05-23-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not sure if it was mentioned in this thread or not, but if you're going to the southern OBX beaches, you can use Google Earth to see which ramps the National Park Service has open/closed. They look like they're updated weekly.

http://www.nps.gov/caha/planyourvisi...leearthmap.htm
Old 05-23-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by aristobrat
I'm not sure if it was mentioned in this thread or not, but if you're going to the southern OBX beaches, you can use Google Earth to see which ramps the National Park Service has open/closed. They look like they're updated weekly.

http://www.nps.gov/caha/planyourvisi...leearthmap.htm
Thanx, I'm just trying to figure if the souther route is better for everyone...
Old 05-23-2011, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im in, I think..... You have Oregan Inlet heading south or Corolla beach heading north. Im up for either!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Marshall
Im in, I think..... You have Oregan Inlet heading south or Corolla beach heading north. Im up for either!
Same here.....

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread